www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deputy Mike Hadley resigns from Health & Social Sevices

3 posters

Go down

Deputy Mike Hadley resigns from Health & Social Sevices Empty Deputy Mike Hadley resigns from Health & Social Sevices

Post by GD Thu 20 Nov 2008, 1:14 pm

Deputy Mike Hadley stepped down from the post on Wednesday, but will remain a member of the States.
He has spoken out against the department to the media about issues including housing licences, staff recruitment and resources.
But Mr Hadley denied breaking any States conduct rules, adding he would be able to express his political views more freely from the back benches.
He said by speaking out he had only gone against an understanding between board members.
In September, the deputy spoke out against a reciprocal health agreement between Guernsey and the UK, saying Guernsey paid too much providing health care for visitors which could be better spent elsewhere. (from BBC news)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Deputy Mike Hadley resigns from Health & Social Sevices Empty Re: Deputy Mike Hadley resigns from Health & Social Sevices

Post by Digger Thu 20 Nov 2008, 5:27 pm

That is what happens when you speak out . I hate the way (the States)do everything in a shroud of secrecy. You must remember last year when all the States were told under no circumstances must you talk to the media. Open & Transparent my a**e.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Deputy Mike Hadley resigns from Health & Social Sevices Empty Re: Deputy Mike Hadley resigns from Health & Social Sevices

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sat 22 Nov 2008, 9:42 am

well change the system then and stand in your parish. You seem to have some good opinions and knowledge and love the island so there you go do the right thing and stand. I for one would support and vote for you if you live in my parish.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Sat 22 Nov 2008, 10:09 am

Thanks Pete for the support but unlike some already in the house i admit i do not know enough about how the island is run and the complexities of different issues, and i would probably spend most of my time fighting a losing battle . No i will keep on giving my opinion (whether right or wrong)as an armchair politician for now :) .
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sun 23 Nov 2008, 9:18 am

Digger wrote:Thanks Pete for the support but unlike some already in the house i admit i do not know enough about how the island is run and the complexities of different issues, and i would probably spend most of my time fighting a losing battle . No i will keep on giving my opinion (whether right or wrong)as an armchair politician for now :) .

Digger, armchair pundits are the most knowledgeable of all for they cover many many subjects locally and globally and always invariably have the correct solution...................What better foundations for a career in politics!!

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down