www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deputy Matt Fallaize resigns from Education Department

4 posters

Go down

Deputy Matt Fallaize resigns from Education Department Empty Deputy Matt Fallaize resigns from Education Department

Post by GD Wed 12 Oct 2011, 6:58 pm

Deputy Matt Fallaize has stepped down from Guernsey's Education Department a day after the States refused to accept his offer of resignation.

Deputy Fallaize was one of four members who offered their resignations over poor GCSE results in the three island's States-run high schools.

The States accepted all but one of the deputies resignations.

Deputy Fallaize said he was amazed his resignation had not been accepted and was now standing down without debate.

He said: "We asked for our resignations to be debated so that we could explain our actions to the Assembly.

"We resigned to take responsibility for errors we had made.

"Those reason remain and so it must be right to see the resignations through but without taking it to the States as such.

"I respect that my minister [and] deputy minister see it differently, but I have to do what I think to be right and from day one I felt it was right to resign.

"I think in the circumstances the membership of the department needs to be renewed, needs to be changed.

"There is now one new member on the board with Jenny Tasker and there will have to be another one." (from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Deputy Matt Fallaize resigns from Education Department Empty Re: Deputy Matt Fallaize resigns from Education Department

Post by Digger Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:07 pm

Fair play Matt. Surprised
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Deputy Matt Fallaize resigns from Education Department Empty Re: Deputy Matt Fallaize resigns from Education Department

Post by plimmerton811 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:39 pm

I wonder if the others would have been as gracious, Shows a degree of integrity on his part.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:36 pm

Blooney good on him :bravoy:

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down