www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Priaulx to stay with BMW for 2009

2 posters

Go down

Andy Priaulx to stay with BMW for 2009 Empty Andy Priaulx to stay with BMW for 2009

Post by GD Thu 08 Jan 2009, 10:54 pm

Guernsey's former World Touring Car champion Andy Priaulx has confirmed he will stay with the BMW team.
He had considered moving to the United States after the German manufacturer mulled over leaving the sport.
But on Tuesday BMW confirmed it would continue to race in the series for a seventh straight season.
"I can't wait to get going again next season. We have a clear aim and that is to get the drivers' championship title back," the 34-year-old said.
"The team worked hard in 2008 and it was not through lack of effort that the title went elsewhere," he added.
He will again race in a BMW 320si car in the 12-meeting series around the world.
Andy Priaulx to stay with BMW for 2009 O
We can rely on Andy's great determination and extensive experience to ensure BMW Team UK is back in with a fighting chance for 2009

BMW UK'S Peter Walker

"I am delighted Andy will be out to regain his World Touring Car Championship title in the BMW Team UK," said BMW UK's general manager sports marketing official Peter Walker.
"It will be a very tough Championship once again, but I know we can rely on Andy's great determination and extensive experience to ensure BMW Team UK is back in with a fighting chance for 2009," he added.
Priaulx, who won the world title for three consecutive years from 2006 to 2008, was well off the pace last year as his BMW car was unable to compete with the much faster and powerful Seats.
But Priaulx says he is confident that his team will supply him with a car capable of getting him back to the top of the podium in 2009.
"I know that the moment the last race was over in Macau Bart Mampaey and his amazing team of guys in Belgium were plotting how we could take our fifth title together." (from BBC News)

Great news for Andy and the Islands
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Andy Priaulx to stay with BMW for 2009 Empty Re: Andy Priaulx to stay with BMW for 2009

Post by Digger Fri 09 Jan 2009, 5:34 pm

Agreed good news i will watch all the races.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down