www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Priaulx looks to start WTCC season with a win

Go down

Andy Priaulx looks to start WTCC season with a win Empty Andy Priaulx looks to start WTCC season with a win

Post by GD Thu 04 Mar 2010, 7:06 pm

Andy Priaulx looks to start WTCC season with a win _47414778_priaulxcopy Priaulx is hoping for good support in Brazil

Guernsey's Andy Priaulx hopes to start the World Touring Car Championship with a win, as the new season gets underway in Curitiba, Brazil, this weekend.
The three-time world champion finished fourth in the last two seasons but may make the podium more often this season as arch rivals SEAT have withdrawn.
Priaulx will drive for BMW Team RBM alongside team-mate Augusto Farfus.
"We have both won a race there in the past so both plan to increase this to two each," said Priaulx.
"I like the track, although it is not an easy one. You have to have a flowing driving style to do well there and the track is technically very demanding.
"Even though you would think the weather there would be great this time of the year, last year we had some heavy rain and so there was quite a bit of damage out there. However, I love the atmosphere in Brazil and the fans are just amazing.
"I know they always turn out for Augusto, but hopefully this year they will be cheering me as well."
Priaulx and Farfus are the manufacturer's only drivers in the WTCC after BMW cut the number of drivers, as well as pulling out of Formula 1.
This is the first time since Priaulx joined BMW in 2003 that he has a team-mate. Last year he drove for BMW Team UK while Brazilian Farfus, who finished third in the drivers' championship, drove for Team Germany.
There has been a change to the points system for this season, with the winner getting 25 points, the second-placed driver 18 and 15 for third place.
The compensation weight system introduced last year will continue, which sees a weight difference of up to 60kg applied to cars based on lap times. (from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down