www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tax on marine fuel?

+3
killer
7 posters

Go down

Tax on marine fuel? Empty Tax on marine fuel?

Post by GD Fri 11 Dec 2009, 8:50 am

Guernsey is set to put tax on marine fuel for private boat owners and tourists.

Treasury and Resources Minister Charles Parkinson said in the States that his department will be looking at the issue in next year's budget.

The Minister is trying to find as many ways as possible to raise cash to plug a deficit of 46 million pounds.

He says it's about time a tax was put on marine diesel.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Tax on marine fuel? Empty Re: Tax on marine fuel?

Post by karma Fri 11 Dec 2009, 9:41 am

.....they (well Mr Trott) led us by the nose into the 0/10 deficit - why expect the hard working Guern to cough up again and again! and they also wasted the money we had in reserve on 'white elephants!!!' I cannot understand what is going to be attractive to visitors now - yes we are a 'lovely' island - but there are a lot more 'lovely' islands out there which are sunnier, warmer and cheaper to get to, and stay in (and probably don't have as many continual road works on the go!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Fri 11 Dec 2009, 10:24 am

What how can they justify a tax on marine fuel??

petrol has road tax, so is this going to be sea tax its a bloody stupid idea mooring fees are expensive and going up next year if they tax us on fuel it will become very expensive.

Fisherman will suffer and will charge more for fresh fish.

I think its time we got rid of these useless people running this island and bring in some one else before they ruin our lovely island.

killer

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 11 Dec 2009, 10:33 am

It's obviously a 'turd' avoidance tax Tax on marine fuel? Lol

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ploughman Fri 11 Dec 2009, 4:57 pm

Marine fuel tax, eh? Well the visiting boaters will now go straight to france from the uk, instead of calling here on the way to and from france, the big Jersey gin palaces will stop calling in here for fuel, as we are a lot cheaper than Jersey, so the visiting boaters will not bother coming here.
Now how about the locals, fishermen will struggle even more, or else give up, locals wont be able to afford to run their boats, but will not be able to sell them ,as no one will want to buy them, then there is the knock-on effect, ships chandlers, boat haulage, engineers, etc all will suffer if the boating world is subdued due to taxation.
Herm and Sark! gonna cost more to get there as well, now tax is on their fuel, and you can bet Condor will add on a surcharge, even though their boats never refuel here, the big millionares super yachts, that the island was trying to attract to call in for fuel, as seen this summer -gone!
Next will be a tax on aviation fuel and home heating oil, where will it stop?

Trott started this off with zero -10 and now we are paying for it,the rich get richer and the local man gets another kick in the bo**ocks.
When i think back, to the demonstrations of years ago, when the poll tax was introduced to the uk, i makes me wonder how long the island will put up with all this taxation, before we say, enough is enough!!!
ploughman
ploughman

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gimp Fri 11 Dec 2009, 5:19 pm

makes it even worse with boatworks+ having the only marine petrol fueling station, at 1 point it was only 7p cheaper than taxed petrol at braye road...

wasnt the duty 27p ?
The Gimp
The Gimp

Male
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Fri 11 Dec 2009, 7:54 pm

killer wrote:What how can they justify a tax on marine fuel??

I think its time we got rid of these useless people running this island and bring in some one else before they ruin our lovely island.

The last comment is a gem.

Guernsey people put them there. Apparently Trott is a tosser but he is a re-elected tosser and who re-elected him???

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ploughman Fri 11 Dec 2009, 8:25 pm

Boatworks is not the only place, Maryland sell it, although that is Boatworks owned, and St Peter Port garage also sell marine petrol, there may be other garages as well, however if you need more than a couple of cans ,then using a land based garage will be a bit of a pain!
ploughman
ploughman

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 11 Dec 2009, 10:56 pm

Trott - I voted - but not for him......c'est la vie - we got f**cked by the ones we did vote in.....because THEY voted him to be 'Head Honcho' - we didn't!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sat 12 Dec 2009, 6:13 am

I only used Trott as an example, I am sure there are many more that were voted in for a second term by the public that are not worth their keep so who is to blame

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sat 12 Dec 2009, 10:59 am

All I can say is when you have nobody in your parish that you really want i.e. Trott and Flouquet - what do you do - you cannot vote out of parish so your hands are tied!!! In past times I have voted for the best of a bad bunch - but I am afraid I have now cast my last vote!!! I used to be one of the first to tell people if they didn't vote, they got what they deserved - but it appears not to work that way over here! You vote or not vote and you get the same results....so why bother?????

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassandra Tue 22 Dec 2009, 8:31 pm

karma wrote:All I can say is when you have nobody in your parish that you really want i.e. Trott and Flouquet - what do you do - you cannot vote out of parish so your hands are tied!!! In past times I have voted for the best of a bad bunch - but I am afraid I have now cast my last vote!!! I used to be one of the first to tell people if they didn't vote, they got what they deserved - but it appears not to work that way over here! You vote or not vote and you get the same results....so why bother?????

exactly Tax on marine fuel? 322407
Cassandra
Cassandra

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down