www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey Public Accounts Committee 'should have spoken'

Go down

Guernsey Public Accounts Committee 'should have spoken' Empty Guernsey Public Accounts Committee 'should have spoken'

Post by GD Mon 01 Feb 2010, 1:31 pm

Guernsey Public Accounts Committee 'should have spoken' _47220534_jackhoneybill Deputy Honeybill said it was the committee's chance to defend itself

The committee in charge of overseeing public accounts may have committed political suicide by not speaking in the States last week, says one deputy.
The debate focussed on the remit of the Public Accounts Committee in reviewing the States processes after a critical report by the Wales Audit Office.
Deputy Minister for Treasury and Resources Jack Honeybill said this could prove to have been a mistake.
He said the committee missed a chance to put its own views forward.
Deputy Honeybill said: "When they come back they know the spotlight is going to be well and truly on them and I suspect that that's why they didn't want to say anything, but to me that's cutting your nose off to spite your face.
"I think we would have all welcomed the chance for them to defend themselves." (from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Public Accounts Committee 'should have spoken' Empty Re: Guernsey Public Accounts Committee 'should have spoken'

Post by GD Fri 05 Feb 2010, 6:55 pm

Guernsey Public Accounts Committee 'should have spoken' 0877411A DECISION should be made today about taking a vote of no confidence against Public Accounts Committee chairman Leon Gallienne (pictured), the motion’s instigator has said.
Deputy Graham Guille said after last month’s States debate that he would consider bringing the no confidence vote after PAC’s continued work with the Welsh Audit Office was discussed by the Assembly.
‘A number of questions were asked about the work of the PAC and Leon throughout sat there silent,’ he said.
‘For many of us, that was incomprehensible.’
Deputy Guille said he would meet ‘like-minded’ colleagues this afternoon and decide if they were to send a letter to the Policy Council asking for the issue to be debated.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down