www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jittery backseat driver Jenson happy to be back in a McLaren

Go down

Jittery backseat driver Jenson happy to be back in a McLaren Empty Jittery backseat driver Jenson happy to be back in a McLaren

Post by GD Sat 07 May 2011, 12:02 pm

Ask a modern-day racer to name the most daunting driving challenges and the answers will invariably be the same: Eau Rouge at Spa, Suzuka's 130R corner, keeping it out of the wall at Monaco and the four-apex Turn Eight at Istanbul Park, the venue for tomorrow's grand prix.

And after a week helping his girlfriend, Japanese model Jessica Michibata, hone her driving technique, Jenson Button can add the white-knuckle ride round the country lanes of his home island of Guernsey to that list.

'I am trying to help her out with her driving,' said Button, who used the break before the Turkish Grand Prix to impart some of the skill and knowledge gained from his 11-year Formula One career.

'She passed her test two years ago but hasn't driven since so it is like a new driver again. I just bought her a car, actually.

'She has got a little Mini Cabriolet which is an awesome bit of kit. Cream with a hot chocolate roof, she calls it. Hot chocolate seats and they are even more chocolatey after a couple of drives with her. The passenger seat anyway!

'She drives in Guernsey, which is the most difficult place to drive. Everything is blind, junctions are blind. There is a 35mph speed limit but that felt quick from the passenger seat!' (from the mail)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down