www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waitrose allows charity collections

2 posters

Go down

Waitrose allows charity collections Empty Waitrose allows charity collections

Post by GD Mon 03 Oct 2011, 6:13 pm

Charities will again be able to collect outside two Guernsey shops after a national supermarket chain asked the public for its views.

Waitrose opened shops, at Admiral Park and the Rohais, earlier this year and said its policy on fundraising did not include "flag day" collections.

However, a two-week poll carried out in stores found 60% of customers were in favour of the collections.

The supermarket said it was pleased to respond to what islanders wanted.

Quentin Clark, head of corporate social responsibility, said charities would be able to apply to the branch and only one flag day would be held a month.

He said: "We are committed to supporting our communities and are pleased that the poll has allowed us to listen and adapt to local opinion."

Some charities have said previous collections outside the supermarkets had raised up to £5,000 in a day.
(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Waitrose allows charity collections Empty Re: Waitrose allows charity collections

Post by Spirit Mon 03 Oct 2011, 7:34 pm

Can they post up when the tin rattlers are going to be there, so that I can keep away. I hate them.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down