www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey Deputy Jenny Tasker misses out on parish seat

3 posters

Go down

Guernsey Deputy Jenny Tasker misses out on parish seat Empty Guernsey Deputy Jenny Tasker misses out on parish seat

Post by GD Thu 17 Nov 2011, 5:07 pm

Guernsey Deputy Jenny Tasker failed to secure re-election in the St Peter Port Douzaine election on Wednesday.

First-time candidate Robert Grant, who has lived in the parish for most of his life, topped the polls with 193 votes.

The other successful candidates were Keith Fisher, Richard Lord, Lester Queripel and Peter Wilson.

A total of 994 votes were cast from more than 300 voters, which was just over 4% of those registered on the electoral roll.

Deputy Tasker, who is the deputy minister of the Environment Department, said: "[It's] disappointing, but that's the way of the world."

She said she believed the legacy of a plan by the douzaine to move its offices, which was not supported by parishioners, was behind her lack of success in the election.

Deputy Tasker encouraged the new douzeniers not to hold back from putting forward their own ideas.

She would not be drawn on whether or not she would be standing for re-election in the deputies election in April.

Results of the St Peter Port Douzaine Election

Robert Grant 193
Richard Lord 187
Keith Fisher 175
Peter Wilson 167
Lester Queripel 150
Jenny Tasker 122

(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Deputy Jenny Tasker misses out on parish seat Empty Re: Guernsey Deputy Jenny Tasker misses out on parish seat

Post by Thistle Thu 17 Nov 2011, 8:52 pm

such a shame as jenny is a kind ,caring person...she has done a lot for st peter port and willbe missed by many x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Deputy Jenny Tasker misses out on parish seat Empty Re: Guernsey Deputy Jenny Tasker misses out on parish seat

Post by kat Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:07 am

She knows this parish backwards. And has done a lot of work with in it .
The office development at the Cotils was the deciding factor here
I do wonder if Barry Cash will be met with the same voters next time he is up for election as he was also part of it all.
But the new plans for the office to be developed is super and ones i approve of .
the ones at Cotils were a no no no for me
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down