www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMHERST JUNIOR SCHOOL

3 posters

Go down

AMHERST JUNIOR SCHOOL Empty AMHERST JUNIOR SCHOOL

Post by cherie5 Tue 31 Jan 2012, 6:02 pm

Amherst Junior School was a wonderful school, I started my education there in 1961, I loved my navy blue gym-slips and looking so very smart, although I didn't like my mother braiding my long hair and wrapping the braids similar to a head band on my head :( ....
POSTING THIS... as I would love so much to be able to find out if there is any archives of school photo's, I think the school photographer was i think his name was something similar to Alan grunt, photographer... would love to hear if anyone can help me on this.... thanks heaps... Cherie Leggett

cherie5@ncable.net.au

cherie5

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

AMHERST JUNIOR SCHOOL Empty Re: AMHERST JUNIOR SCHOOL

Post by kat Tue 31 Jan 2012, 6:36 pm

hi .i went to Amherst they have a web site somewhere , the school has not changed much over the years .
it is still lovely
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 31 Jan 2012, 6:59 pm

Probably Alan Grut from Gruts that was I think in the Pollet

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by cherie5 Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:13 pm

Bingo, that was his name !!!... if was 50 years ago I started at Ahmerst I'm hoping his photography business is being carried on. I had one photo of myself sitting in the play area at Ahmerst, I loved that photo so much, and unfortunately when I was away my then partner invited some friends of his to stay at our house and the house burn't down with all my photo's, that was devastating to say the least. Wondering if Ahmerst might have their student photo's archived or should I try to contact Alan Grut???
Thank you so much for being so helpful and wow, so quick with your replies, I miss Guernsey so much and being on this site makes me feel a little closer to the island...

cherie5

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down