www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pupil behaviour plans backed by States

3 posters

Go down

Pupil behaviour plans backed by States Empty Pupil behaviour plans backed by States

Post by GD Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:46 pm

Guernsey's government has backed plans to work harder to improve pupil behaviour and reduce exclusions from schools.

Politicians spent nearly three hours debating a major report from the Scrutiny Committee which has spent months looking into the issue.

It was one which sparked a series of emotional and passionate speeches, from those urging more support for teachers to those saying the responsibility for children should rest with parents.

Deputy Jenny Tasker branded exclusions from school as "an exclusion from society."

Deputy Sam Maindonald flagged up her concern that not enough was being done to tackle pupils who were violent with each other at school.

Deputy Dave Jones said: "I blame parents. Society is too liberal and wooly and we should bring back corporal punishment."

But Deputy Leon Gallienne called that comment "a disgrace".

In the end the report was voted through leaving the Education Department to go away and consider the many recommendations for improvement and report back later this year.

That said, Education minister Deputy Robert Sillars pointed out that a number of the recommendations were already being tackled.
(from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Pupil behaviour plans backed by States Empty Re: Pupil behaviour plans backed by States

Post by kat Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm

i also think dave jones was out of order
i have a grandson with problem .if my daughter thought a good smack would have sorted him out she would have done this years ago
he under punishment for all he does
does not go out and play with other kids cos they would tell him to do d
something and he would
I listened to the debate and was also included in it as i went to the committee and said my bit
i only hope help is at hand as i know many parents cry themselves to sleep at night with disrepair .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Pupil behaviour plans backed by States Empty Re: Pupil behaviour plans backed by States

Post by Thistle Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:50 am

kat i think the states were prob talking about wanton violent children not children with your grandsons problems..there are sadly children in our society who because of upbringing are just bad.your grandson is not one of those and has a recognised medical problem
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:55 am

Yes it is a recognised problem but many from the old school will tell you they dont believe this is a medical problem it is just being naughty
he will also tell you he hates the way his brain works and cry s cos he has no friends to play with .it is a very sad affair for some of these children
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down