www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorbike trials was overwhelming success

Go down

Motorbike trials was overwhelming success Empty Motorbike trials was overwhelming success

Post by GD Thu 26 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

Alderney's Rock Island motorbike trials is planned to be even bigger and better in 2013.

The first event took place last weekend.

With one hundred entrants taking part the event was an overwhelming success.

Participants and spectators travelled from the neighbouring islands and from the UK for a weekend of competitive trial biking.

The fifteen challenging sections included riding over varying terrains from small wooded areas, large granite boulders, rock faces, German fortifications and on the only working railway line in the Channel Islands.

Bikers skills were also tested on rugged terrain near Fort Houmet, Fort Albert and Tourgis, and were scored according to how many times they put their foot on the floor at each section.

Jersey stole the limelight by winning all categories, with Graham Du Feu, who is also the chairman of Jersey Modern and Classic Trials Club, coming first in the Expert Class.

Jerseys Ricky West took first place in the Novice Class and 12 year old Kira Beardshall beat the boys and stole first place in the Under 12s.

Other winners included Tony Pallot in the Modern Motorcycles Category and Neil Venton in the Twin
Shot Premier Category, with best Alderney rider going to Jake Hamon.

Event Organiser Alan Smart said: "The event has resulted in the formation of the Alderney Rock
Island Trials Club, which is now officially affiliated to the Jersey Classic and Modern Trials Club.

"Also as the trials has been so well received by all competitors I am planning on repeating it next year, only this time I hope to attract entrants from France, Holland and Belgium.

"The weekend has gone 100 per cent better than I expected and Ive been overwhelmed with how well they've been received.

"The riders have told me they loved every section. They have appreciated the incredible scenery theyve been riding through and being able to ride across the forts and in wooded sections.

"The thing that impressed me more than anything was the phenomenal atmosphere it has created among the islands and the rapport between Alderney, Guernsey and Jersey people."
(from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down