www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consulting on Sunday trading ‘waste of time’

Go down

Consulting on Sunday trading ‘waste of time’ Empty Consulting on Sunday trading ‘waste of time’

Post by GD Sun 30 Nov 2014, 7:29 pm

A CONSULTATION on Sunday trading ‘is a waste of time’, according to the deputy who pressed for a year-long trial in which restrictions would have been suspended.
But Mike Hadley, who led an unsuccessful requete in November 2012, as well as his supporters at the time, are glad to see the topic moving forward.
Commerce and Employment was committed to a full review of Sunday trading after the requete was thrown out by the Assembly.
The department is now seeking the opinion of islanders as part of that consultation.
‘I personally think it is a waste of time. But, having said that, C&E has a mandate to do it by the States, they haven’t got any choice as far as I know,’ said Deputy Hadley.
‘It’s about freedom of choice, and you can’t stop Sunday trading because it either violates people’s religion or because they’re worried it won’t keep Sunday special.
‘An awful lot of people want Sunday trading,’ he said.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down