www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large ladies left outside Jersey Nightclub

+6
steve 19
madcow
Digger
Thistle
kiwis kitten
GD
10 posters

Go down

Large ladies left outside Jersey Nightclub Empty Large ladies left outside Jersey Nightclub

Post by GD Mon 28 Jul 2008, 6:08 pm

There's been a public outcry after a Jersey nightclub denied entry to women who were deemed too overweight.

Five police officers were called to Havana to deal with the scene outside after fears it could get out of control.

The women refused entry were seen walking away in tears after being told by the doormen that they were doing them a favour.

The owner, Martin Sayers, says he is deeply apologetic and will not be employing the policy again. (from CTVonline)

"Big Girls you ARE Beautiful"
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Large ladies left outside Jersey Nightclub Empty Re: Large ladies left outside Jersey Nightclub

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 28 Jul 2008, 6:12 pm

I couldn't believe this when i saw it on the channel news before...lol cheeky git ...i hope these women and many more will boycott this club from now on....its supposed to be cr*p anyway...... :evil:
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377

Back to top Go down

Large ladies left outside Jersey Nightclub Empty Re: Large ladies left outside Jersey Nightclub

Post by GD Mon 28 Jul 2008, 6:24 pm

Club tells ‘fat’ women to go home

Large ladies left outside Jersey Nightclub 00577631_cropped.thumbnail

FEMALE clubbers were refused entry into Havana nightclub on Saturday night for being too fat.
Police were called to calm the situation outside the Halkett Street club as bouncers and manager Martin Sayers allegedly told women to ‘go away and lose some weight’.
Over 20 women are expected to give statements to the police today and a Facebook page, labelled Havana Club Jersey Discrimination and using an image from US cartoon Family Guy, has already attracted over 100 supporters calling for Islanders to boycott the club.
Georgina Mason was one of the ladies refused entry. The 23-year-old, who works for Lloyds TSB, had been enjoying a night out with friends when it turned sour.
‘About five or six or us got to Havana at about 11.30 pm and the bouncers said we were not allowed in because we were too big. I told them not to be ridiculous and asked to speak to the manager,’ she said.
‘When the manager came out he would not look at me directly but said that they had received too many complaints about fat people and he told me: “Go and lose some weight before you can come in – fat people are bad for business.” (from thisisjersey)
GD
GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Mon 28 Jul 2008, 7:03 pm

a damned disgrace the club should be taken to court for discrimination.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Mon 28 Jul 2008, 7:40 pm

This club should be closed down right away i am pretty sure that this new rule is against human rights in a discriminating way and as KK says should be boycotted by all that use it. :x
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Large ladies left outside Jersey Nightclub Empty Large Ladies left outside night club

Post by madcow Mon 28 Jul 2008, 9:04 pm

As a big ladie myself I was appalled at the treatment of the girls on Saturday Night. It was an utter disgrace, the girls are beatiful and anyone who says otherwise is a moron! I certainly will not go to the Havana Club in future.

madcow

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 28 Jul 2008, 9:19 pm

good on u madcow.....if i was living in JY id make sure i'd boycott the place.....think the manager realises what bad publicity its got him now....seems he has changed his mind ....i so hope the ladies stay away.....along with many of the slim girls too.... :x
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Mon 28 Jul 2008, 9:40 pm

Check out the Facebook Group

FACEBOOK GROUP
GD
GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steve 19 Mon 28 Jul 2008, 9:43 pm

I wonder if fat blokes have the same problem.
Must go there to see if i can get in !!
steve 19
steve 19

Male
Number of posts : 1272
Job/hobbies : Motorsport
Humor : Hell yes
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Mon 28 Jul 2008, 10:17 pm

Taken from Facebook Group

"Well people anyone interested there's a protest on friday all meeting in royal square for 9.30pm then making our way to havana lets see what mr sayers says about that"
GD
GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Mon 28 Jul 2008, 11:59 pm

Via KFC?
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Tue 29 Jul 2008, 9:09 am

Spirit.....u will get a slap next time i see u...LMAO Wink
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Tue 29 Jul 2008, 8:11 pm

It will be over here in Gsy next. We always follow Jsy. I think it's a disgrace and the club should be fined or shut down. I am no racist but if it had been a racial issue then the crap would have hit the fan BIG time but because its only womem of a certain size who have been insulted then thats OK.....NOT.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Wed 30 Jul 2008, 1:37 pm

Latest Press release...

A PUBLIC protest is being planned in support of the women who were refused entry into Havana nightclub for being ‘too fat’.
About 700 people have joined the Facebook site Havana Club Jersey Discrimination following the news that overweight clubbers were not welcome at the Halkett Street club at the weekend.
Havana proprietor Martin Sayers, who has applied for permission to open a new nightclub and restaurant on the old abattoir site, has apologised to all the large ladies who were told to ‘go home and lose some weight’ on Saturday night. He has now promised to reverse his controversial decision.
But that is not good enough for Helen Hunter, whose friends feel humiliated after being told they were ‘too big’ to go into the club. She is the creator of the Facebook protest page and is now planning to organise a demonstration outside the club on Friday night with friends.
GD
GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Wed 30 Jul 2008, 2:11 pm

good on her !!! the mans a dipstick!!
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyD Wed 30 Jul 2008, 6:12 pm

Just heard on Jersey Report (sorry, Channel Report) that this bloke is 'deeply' apologetic for his actions.

They were an emotional outburst following members of his family who have apparently died following heart attacks through obesity.

It also appears that the facebook group is now about 1300 strong and growing fast:

THE plight of the Jersey clubbers who were refused entry into Havana
because of their size has attracted unprecedented national attention.
With now more than 1,300 hits on their Facebook page calling for a
boycott and protest at the club, as well as numerous national headlines
and radio bulletins, support for the barred clubbers is growing by the
hour - taken from www.thisisjersey.com
It wouldn't surprise me if this one gaffe puts the bloke out of business through bad publicity on a national scale - oh well!
He must be on a par with the Duke of Edinburgh's gaffes surely???
MarkyD
MarkyD

Male
Number of posts : 1148
Job/hobbies : Professional Layabout
Humor : Manic - varying from dirty to clinically insane
Registration date : 2008-05-11

http://www.cwgsy.net/community/minimotoraceclub

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Wed 30 Jul 2008, 6:38 pm

No such thing a bad publicity, they say. I wonder how busy the club will be this weekend?
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Thu 31 Jul 2008, 7:56 pm

Sorry – I got it wrong, admits club owner

HAVANA Club owner Martin Sayers has publicly apologised to all the ‘large ladies’ he refused to let through his doors for being too fat.
For the first time he has revealed what drove him to set the controversial policy of banning overweight women last Saturday night. Full of remorse and deep regret, he said his judgment had been clouded with emotion after losing some of his relatives and friends to obesity-related problems.
Following an international media frenzy, Mr Sayers held an emergency press conference inside the club yesterday to say he was sorry for banning overweight women in his nightclub.
‘I reacted improperly to complaints made at the club and I deeply regret doing so,’ he said. ‘I accept that what was done was very wrong and I am deeply remorseful. It will never be repeated. Everyone is welcome in the Havana Club "from thisisjersey"
GD
GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Thu 31 Jul 2008, 7:59 pm

I would tell him to RAM IT.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 31 Jul 2008, 8:00 pm

does he stop drinkers from getting pissed cos he might have lost friends to alcohol related illnesses.what a load of tosh .this little creep is just trying to wriggle his way out of what he did.he should lose his licence now.
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Sat 02 Aug 2008, 1:14 pm

HUNDREDS of protesters gathered in town last night to show their support for all the large ladies who were barred from the Havana nightclub last weekend for being too fat.
The good-spirited demonstration drew a crowd of about 300 people outside the Halkett Street venue, including spectators from nearby pubs. Around 50 people met in the Royal Square at 9.30 pm before the party marched to the nightclub, attracting more and more protesters along the way.
Onlookers clapped whistled and cheered the ‘plus size’ women, who were dressed in ‘Big Girls We Are Beautiful’ T-shirts. Organiser Helen Hunter, the woman behind the Facebook protest page, said that she was delighted with the turnout. ‘I can’t believe that so many people have come out tonight to help us demonstrate like this. It has been very good-spirited, but we still urge the States to introduce the new discrimination law very soon.’
Fliers and a petition were handed out which called on Chief Minister Frank Walker to enforce the draft Discrimination Jersey Law as soon as possible (from thisisjersey)
GD
GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Sat 02 Aug 2008, 4:06 pm

I so agree thistle .....i am chuffed to bits to hear so many turned up for the protest....
and did u see the arrogant sw*ne on the news..he is NO slim jim !!
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Sat 02 Aug 2008, 4:43 pm

Then I suppose hey all went into the club and the takings were well up?

Glad they got the appology deserved and hopefully all the guy will loose is a bit of dignity for being a to**er
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 02 Aug 2008, 5:37 pm

he should lose more than his dignity.castration is too good for this little worm
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down