www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spaceship Tourism

2 posters

Go down

Spaceship Tourism Empty Spaceship Tourism

Post by Chok Dee Ja Tue 06 Jan 2009, 2:53 pm

Adventure tourism, such as trips to Antarctica or Mount Everest, has long been a profitable business. This can involve packages with prices as high as $100k range and even higher.
Though you commonly hear talk of "space joyrides for the rich", the development of space tourism will follow the normal course of development seen for most all consumer technologies and services.
Tourism itself began as something only done by the very rich. Passenger flights on airlines were initially very expensive. VCRs, DVDs, PCs, etc. all started out as very expensive "toys". Eventually competition and economies of scale (i.e. mass production) take over and prices drop to the level the middle class can handle.

Space tourism has been criticized as being a "playground for the rich." And, while there may be some current truth to this, the vision for the future is to make space tourism affordable and available to the middle class in just a few short years.

Tired of Disneyland and Magic Mountain? Been to all the major continents and want more? Done all of the extreme sports and just can't get that adrenaline rush anymore? Space tourism may just be the Next Big Thing on your agenda in the not too distant future.

All this has changed with the help of Plymouths young businessman award winner Ben Christian whos interest in space tourism helped him create his latest new venture www.voyage2space.com were you can win the opportunity to fly to space for only 10 Pounds.

So, if you've got the bug to travel and have always dreamed of going beyond the confines of Earth, that possibility may just exist sooner than you think,thanks to the business vision of Ben Christian and www.voyage2space.com

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Spaceship Tourism Empty Re: Spaceship Tourism

Post by Troy McClure Tue 06 Jan 2009, 6:13 pm

I don't get the space tourism thing. From what I've seen you only get to go into space briefly, and not 'that far'.

Sure the view would be cool, but at what cost? Not just financially, but enviorenmently too.

I wish they'd put as much time and effort into building a a clean and cheap trans-oceanic travel option, like a super-fast rail link from Europe to the East coast of America.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down