www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Only Fools' theme is nation's favourite

3 posters

Go down

'Only Fools' theme is nation's favourite Empty 'Only Fools' theme is nation's favourite

Post by GD Sun 25 Jan 2009, 11:35 am

Classic sitcom Only Fools and Horses has the nation's favourite theme tune, according to a new poll.
The opening song, which was composed by the show's writer John Sullivan and introduced in the second series, triumphed over Minder's 'I Could Be So Good For You' and the Doctor Who theme music in a vote carried out by OnePoll.com.
Soap themes were also in the running, with EastEnders' music securing fifth place and Coronation Street's opening finishing in tenth.
A spokesman for OnePoll explained: "The upbeat track to Only Fools and Horses is such an iconic theme tune which has filled our screens for over ten years.
"The show has not only made household names of the main stars and introduced phrases like 'luvvly jubbly' and 'you plonker' to the British vocabulary but the music has also became a national treasure too.
"Despite the show no longer running, the Christmas specials and re-runs mean the show is still very much part of our culture and its theme is just as popular now as in the 80s."
The top ten in full:
1. Only Fools and Horses
2. Minder
3. Doctor Who
4. Match of the Day
5. EastEnders
6. The A-Team
7. Friends
8. The Pink Panther
9. Ski Sunday
10. Coronation Street

Got to admit Ski-Sunday always reminds me of my youth, another theme tune in my mind is "Boon", so what theme tunes do you remember...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

'Only Fools' theme is nation's favourite Empty Re: 'Only Fools' theme is nation's favourite

Post by Digger Sun 25 Jan 2009, 4:10 pm

Night-rider.

Six-million dollar man.

Air-wolf.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

'Only Fools' theme is nation's favourite Empty Re: 'Only Fools' theme is nation's favourite

Post by Spirit Sun 25 Jan 2009, 4:14 pm

Trumpton
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down