www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pointes Lane yard plans ‘will improve conditions and area’

2 posters

Go down

Pointes Lane yard plans ‘will improve conditions and area’ Empty Pointes Lane yard plans ‘will improve conditions and area’

Post by GD Fri 06 Feb 2009, 6:50 pm

ISLAND Waste wants to develop a covered separation facility at its Pointes Lane yard.
It has received a series of complaints from residents about the smell, mess and vermin in recent years.
And an offer to build a temporary facility at Longue Hougue was withdrawn by Public Services.
Island Waste also hopes to shred and bale certain types of waste for export as biofuel, which is used as a substitute for fossil fuels in industrial plants in the UK and Europe.
Environment received the plans following talks between the company, Environmental Health and the Health and Safety Executive.
Managing director Dan Hubert said the changes would coincide with the environmental law requiring all waste processing to be carried out indoors and all liquid leachate collected. (from thisisguernsey)

They need to do something the whole area is a mess, its does make me wonder with the water boards quarry so close, how long it will be before it is contaminated from this business...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Pointes Lane yard plans ‘will improve conditions and area’ Empty Re: Pointes Lane yard plans ‘will improve conditions and area’

Post by Digger Fri 06 Feb 2009, 7:16 pm

I agree you would have thought they would set a yard up where the scavenger place is , there is loads of room there at the moment that way if there is anything that is of use they can simply take it along the road . Also it is closer to the tip so the big trucks will not have to travel across the island. Re the pollution issue it is only a matter of time.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum