www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DJ required to join existing team at Les Folies Damour Guernsey

+3
Big T
7 posters

Go down

DJ required to join existing team at Les Folies Damour Guernsey Empty DJ required to join existing team at Les Folies Damour Guernsey

Post by Big T Wed 29 Apr 2009, 4:31 pm

We opened Folies in 1992,17 years ago with the excellent Ray Marshall behind the decks,he was joined 1 year later by James Greening whose still with us,and why not,he still packs them in.Paul Falla,liam Mckenna,Dav Bichard,Adam West,Andy G All resident over the years.
I now need another Dj as Andys going back to Kavos to do another season.So what am i looking for.....its probably easier to tell you what im not looking for 1.someone whose not prepared to please the crowd,because it conflicts with their personnal music taste and image.
2.someone whose not prepared to play chart material because they think its uncool
3.refuses to talk over a microphone,cause they have no personality
4.wont work as part of a very sucessfull team
So if thats you,dont apply,your wasting my time.If however this is the "break" you have been looking for,knock up a demo tape or similar,giving me an idea of your music preference,but i need you to talk between the tracks so i can hear your voice and basically feel your personality.Folies is not everybodys cup of tea,i know that and we have never pretended to be anything else than a "middle of the road"club.But no other club in the Channel Islands has come close to our consistancy over the last 17 years.Were still open 7 days a week.Thankyou.cv and demo to Tony Lee Marchant".Les Foliesdamour" Nightclub. North Plantation.St Peter Port.Guernsey mobile.07781107796.lesfoliesdamour@yahoo.co.uk.

Big T

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

DJ required to join existing team at Les Folies Damour Guernsey Empty Re: DJ required to join existing team at Les Folies Damour Guernsey

Post by Dell Wed 29 Apr 2009, 5:54 pm

Welcome to the Forum Big T :Welcome1:

Hope your search proves successful DJ required to join existing team at Les Folies Damour Guernsey Dancing-107

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

DJ required to join existing team at Les Folies Damour Guernsey Empty Re: DJ required to join existing team at Les Folies Damour Guernsey

Post by karma Wed 29 Apr 2009, 6:14 pm

Yep good luck and happy searching...................

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce grandad Wed 29 Apr 2009, 8:51 pm

17 years ago?...yikes...
just as well i changed my name, more suited now lol.
did have some good nights there tho, no denying that

ray

fierce grandad

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple Me Thu 30 Apr 2009, 10:34 pm

Don't suppose my record collection of the Birdie Song, Superman & Agadoo will help me get the job?

Simple Me

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Big T Thu 30 Apr 2009, 11:35 pm

Sadly probably not,however those tracks are far more memorable than the crap they turn out now days,at least they gave you a laugh.You havnt got"combine Harvester" by the Wurzels have you?,i know you have Ray.lol

Big T

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Fri 01 May 2009, 11:18 am

I like combine harvester..LOL :ss1: Wink
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce grandad Fri 01 May 2009, 5:04 pm

i think the wurzels met its haybaler in the sky.....

fierce grandad

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast Robert Sat 02 May 2009, 6:11 pm

I read the topic as "Dave Jones required to join existing team at Folies"
Fast Robert
Fast Robert

Male
Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Big T Sat 02 May 2009, 6:21 pm

Its because housing regard DJs as unessential that im having this problem.The club pays a lot of tax,the staff pay tax,but because were not finance,we dont matter.

Big T

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce grandad Wed 06 May 2009, 6:28 pm

yeah sounds about right, you watch when the banks pull out if they close this loophole....be a different story then

fierce grandad

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Wed 06 May 2009, 6:57 pm

Told the kids that there was a job as a DJ going and I might have been interested but they laughed and told me that it would start after my bedtime............................... DJ required to join existing team at Les Folies Damour Guernsey Old-025

Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Thu 07 May 2009, 8:18 pm

LOL @ Dell.......... :-)
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce grandad Mon 25 May 2009, 5:32 pm

any news yet on who got it?

fierce grandad

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Big T Fri 05 Jun 2009, 9:31 pm

Yep,the good news is that we had 11 candidates,but the choice boiled down to 3 that had previous club experience.All 3 were given a night each to impress,and they did just that.I couldnt chose between the final 2 so took them both on.Roberto Mascherucci ex 54 and the Monkey.and Lee Jamez a Guernsey Lad whose DJ career has been in Dubia and Phillipines.
Just want to say thanks to the guys at Vue des Isles for allowing me to advertise the post.
Thanks Tony

Big T

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Fri 05 Jun 2009, 9:34 pm

Your welcome Tony.

Call back anytime, it would be good to have your contribution to our community.

Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down