www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret dossier on States Members

3 posters

Go down

Secret dossier on States Members Empty Secret dossier on States Members

Post by GD Tue 16 Jun 2009, 8:13 pm

A secret dossier containing information on every States Member was compiled by the States Police between February 2006 and November 2008, the States were told today.

The dossier, known as Operation Blast, was compiled when suspended police chief Graham Power and retired deputy chief Lenny Harper were in charge, and are not thought to have related to any police investigation.

The files, which included a photograph of each Member, were kept securely within the special branch office and were known to very few officers.

Making a statement to the House this morning, Home Affairs Minister Ian Le Marquand said that he was not aware of the motivation for the setting up and retention of the files but was ‘very seriosuly concerned about their existence’ (thisisjersey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Secret dossier on States Members Empty Re: Secret dossier on States Members

Post by Thistle Tue 16 Jun 2009, 8:15 pm

if they have nothing to hide why would anybody be worried about the files existance.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy Wed 17 Jun 2009, 12:40 am

May I offer a different view as a law abiding, seriously normal type of person in our society. If the police had me under investigation then it must be because they suspect me of wrong doing.

Fine the police have to do their job. As we as adults know only to well, don't judge a book by its cover. Ok I admit it, I parked on a yellow line and yawn, I write my views on blogs, is that an offence officer. No I don't steal or break into houses.

There is far more to this……………… it is very deep. Who ordered the police to check out the leaders of the land. Those that could by a signature make a lot of money by allowing big developments on what was / is publicly owned land, just give them a lease for a hundred and fifty years at a very cheap rent, just a real life example. Local people powerless to stop the money machine for the elite if ??? they are corrupt.

How about big England looking at a senator having a serious confrontation in the States and then being banned, sorry, that’s what he is there for right or wrong. Democracy not being played through. That would have upset many politicians from all parties.

Maybe higher powers want to know, if Jersey is corrupt at the core the core being the Government Ministers and politicians who it appears now have a file and a photo.

As just a normal person, ( Vue members may think otherwise )without any power or say, if a problem of honesty and integrity is being questioned, and the police force are under orders from Westminster. Bloody Terrific it shows someone cares, and of course the good guys and girls have nothing to fear.

Boatyboy

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy Wed 17 Jun 2009, 9:44 pm

Several theories exist regarding the investigation and scrutiny of our elected. Why not share them with you. First please remember that many people in Jersey are convinced that the senior civil servants run the Island, some say more for their own benefit, than the islanders.

If you read the thread earlier which stated as a fact that the Corporate Management Board meet every week for one and a half hours without keeping proper minutes or records (not even taped ). Makes one wonder what's going on ?

As the American boss of the FBI a Mr Hoover, started tracking the lives of politicians. Are the Jersey Civil Service executives to keep in line any politician who rocks the boat. I think you get the gist.
Another theory is that Jersey wants to employ the best, and several high flyers have been employed straight from powerful English Government civil service. Could it be that Whitehall and the Mandarins, having contacts in Jersey are keeping a check on what our politicians are up to.

It is unlikely but possible that the police chief observed goings on he did not feel were correct in Government. Of his own prerogative decided to investigate, which is of course not legal and not in his job description, to investigate his political masters without their permission or knowing.

The answers we await, until someone decides to reveal all.

Transparency is praised, with stamping feet and clapping by all politicians here in Jersey. True transparency on States spending and wages paid to the public sector in detail are just two examples of pipe dreams showing words are cheap and transparency exists in very limited quantity. Will the full story come out ? if not then we always have the internet.

BB

boatyboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy Thu 18 Jun 2009, 10:05 pm

Yes it gets stranger, Police were worried that some States members could be blackmailed hence investigate them and put them under the micro scope. Plus some might be crooks or racists we are told in the press tonight.

It gets more detailed in the hard copy of the JEP can you believe this, data commissioner Emma Martins is quoted as saying we will be carrying out a full investigation as to whether secret police dossiers on States members were held illegally!

I am no expert, however I was under the impression that the data protection law gave an individual the right to see any information held on file which directly related to that person.

Senator Le Marquand ( justice minister ) says however that some of the information is so sensitive that States members would not be able to see it even if they took up an invitation from Mr Warcup ( acting police chief ) to inspect their individual files.

Confused………………….. we all are, but Guernsey and the world please excuse our Jersey way of doing things we are quite rightly supposed to be proud of our democratic, efficient Government under the watch full eyes of the Council of Ministers and the Chief Minister Terry Le Suer.

Ongoing as I tap away, The chief of police for Jersey suspended under investigation, details of suspension not published.

Mr Day Senior Consultant surgeon, General Hospital suspended under investigation. The General Hospital work practices and staff ( including management ?) under investigation by outside none medical consultants Verita. They are trying to find out why a patient ( a nurse working at the said hospital ) died on the operating table during a non-life threatening operation.

Maverick Senator Syvret says the terms of reference for the enquiry are just a hospital management whitewash and wants the States to employ and set a full and meaningful remit and employ its own proper medical consultants.

Sorry if this is getting boring, The States of Jersey Treasury recently under investigation for loosing millions of pounds due to not taking out Euros and hedging currency sterling down turn, regarding the £103 million French contract to build the new incinerator.

Police investigation found four candidates (two seeking re-election) guilty of breaking the voting law and sent them to the Royal court.

The two seeking re-election were fined ten thousand pounds and two thousand. Strangle as it may seem the Attorney General of Jersey said it was not in the public interest to bring the other two candidates to court for committing the same offence as it was not in the public interest.

The child abuse couple in France have been let off, however the investigation is far from over so we are told. The Attorney General has taken further legal advice he states.

The States of Jersey being asked to set up a private company (quango) to develop and sell £1.5 Billion pounds worth of public land and buildings all over Jersey. To become the Father of the disliked and cloudy, Waterfront Enterprise Board (quango). Develop only the waterfront complete with car clampers and 150 year leases of public land.

I am sure there is more, but to be frank I am making myself miserable, and you cannot enjoy a Mad Hatters tea party if you are miserable, can you !! :-)

Boatyboy

boatyboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy Fri 19 Jun 2009, 2:08 pm

RE:- High ranking States employees not being prosecuted for child abuse.

By Rico Sorda

A protest for justice will be held on SATURDAY 4TH JULY 2009 on behalf of victims of child abuse both past and present.

This protest is in responce to the Attorney Generals decision not to prosecute those responsible for child abusewhilst being in employment of the STATES of JERSEY despite the overwhelming evidence against them. This news has come as agreat shock to the victims who will now never see justice. We believe that it is in the publics interest to prosecute and to demonstrate that this type of behaviour must never be tolerated not just in Jersey but throughout the world..

FACT.. of all those charged to date as a direct result of the Historical child abuse enquiry, not one of those charged so far were employed by the States of Jersey to care for the CHILDREN OF JERSEY.

PREDICTION... No charges will be brought against those abusers who were employed by the States OF JERSEY to care for the Children Of Jersey.

If you believe that victims of child abuse have a right for justice , please show your support by turning up.

Date....Saturday 4th july

Location..Peoples park to the royal square

Time 12noon

Thank you

Protest for Justice

boatyboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content