www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ministers to oppose pay rise proposal

2 posters

Go down

Ministers to oppose pay rise proposal Empty Ministers to oppose pay rise proposal

Post by GD Sun 28 Jun 2009, 5:15 pm

MINISTERS are to fight proposals to give public sector staff a pay rise.
The Council of Ministers has announced a pay freeze for all public sector staff, but an alternative flat-rate pay rise of £400 has been proposed by Deputy Phil Rondel. It will be debated by the States next week.
An amendment to increase the figure to £1,250 has been lodged by Deputy Geoff Southern.
In a separate amendment, St Peter Constable John Refault is to call for the rises, if they are agreed, to be paid only to those earning £31,200 or less.
Deputy Rondel’s proposal would cost the States £3m and Deputy Southern’s would cost £7.4m.
The States Employment Board has published comments criticising the proposition and the amendments, signalling the Council of Ministers’ intention to fight the moves.(from JEP)

I cannot see how the Council of Ministers can justify a "Pay Freeze"...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Ministers to oppose pay rise proposal Empty Re: Ministers to oppose pay rise proposal

Post by GD Tue 30 Jun 2009, 8:38 pm

THE Island’s manual workers want £1,000 more each in wages despite the declaration of a public-sector pay freeze for the next 12 months.

A claim has been submitted by the union representing the 1,500 States and parish manual workers which will cost taxpayers’ £1.5 million if it is successful.

The workers also want a one-hour cut in their working week to 37 hours to bring them into line with other public-sector employees.

And it seems that the manual workers will be the first of a number of employee groups to challenge the declaration from ministers and States Chief Executive Bill Ogley that there will be no increase in wages for public employees in the 12 months from the end of June.

The pay claim comes while States budgets are running at multi-million-pound deficits and are expected to do so for at least another two years. Many in the private sector face pay freezes and job insecurity this year.

States head of employee relations Mick Pinel confirmed that he had received the pay claim and would be responding in due course.
(from JEP)

There maybe trouble ahead...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Ministers to oppose pay rise proposal Empty Re: Ministers to oppose pay rise proposal

Post by Simple Me Tue 30 Jun 2009, 11:01 pm

Trouble that for sure, strike action if the employee's dont get thier way

Simple Me

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down