www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Price hike repays cremation fees

2 posters

Go down

Price hike repays cremation fees Empty Price hike repays cremation fees

Post by GD Mon 07 Dec 2009, 7:33 pm

Price hike repays cremation fees _46871461_39050393 Jersey has one crematorium, at Westmount in St Helier

The cost of cremations in Jersey is to rise by 69% in 2010, following approval by the treasury minister.
The move will see cremation costs rise from £317 to £535 at the Westmount Crematorium, St Helier.
It follows a request by the health department, which said cremation charges had been below the actual cost of the service for several years.
The department said the increase would recoup the losses, without putting costs above those of a burial.
Charges had been due to increase by 10% a year, but this had not included some overheads and depreciation, which the health department said it needed to account for quickly. (from BBC)
Price hike repays cremation fees O
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Price hike repays cremation fees Empty Re: Price hike repays cremation fees

Post by karma Tue 08 Dec 2009, 6:46 pm

How low can you get? charging the relatvies of the dead when they are already under stress! I don't give a XXXX what they do with me once I've shuffled of as long as it doesn't cost my family too much!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down