www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bailiwick of Guernsey divorces now half marriage figure

2 posters

Go down

Bailiwick of Guernsey divorces now half marriage figure Empty Bailiwick of Guernsey divorces now half marriage figure

Post by GD Thu 04 Mar 2010, 6:58 pm

The divorce rate in the Bailiwick of Guernsey now stands at 50% of the marriage rate.
Divorces in Guernsey, Alderney, Sark and Herm have steadily risen from 127 in 2005 to 161 last year a rise of more than a quarter.
The number of marriages remained steady with an average of 321 couples tying the knot each year in the same period.
Annette Stewart, from Relate, said the increases put pressure on the islands' counselling services.

Bailiwick of Guernsey divorces now half marriage figure OBailiwick Divorces
161 in 2009
141 in 2008
138 in 2007
128 in 2006
127 in 2005

Relate's offices are based in Guernsey meaning anyone in the other islands has to travel for counselling.
Alderney has not had a dedicated social worker for seven years and not a single couple with marital problems from Alderney was seen by Relate last year.
Alderney States member Liz Bennett said moves were afoot to bring in an adult counsellor once a fortnight.
There is no divorce law in the island of Sark, meaning that couples have to leave the island for a formal split, although separations are allowed. (from BBC)

Is it too easy to get divorced?

Is there such a thing as a perfect marriage?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Bailiwick of Guernsey divorces now half marriage figure Empty Re: Bailiwick of Guernsey divorces now half marriage figure

Post by technophobe Fri 05 Mar 2010, 9:16 am

A perfect marriage? I can think of several:-

Gin and tonic
Lamb and mint sauce
Cabbage and bacon

I'm sure there are plenty of others as well.....................

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down