www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Driver at the Engine - tax & over-spend, tax & over-spend!

2 posters

Go down

No Driver at the Engine - tax & over-spend, tax & over-spend! Empty No Driver at the Engine - tax & over-spend, tax & over-spend!

Post by Zac Sat 08 May 2010, 10:11 am

I hear on Radio Guernsey that Barry Brehaut wants us all to pay more in taxes. I assume that he believes that the uncontrolled overspends cannot be controlled! It seems strange that he did not mention that the operators of States departments had totally ignored the over generous rpi increase allowed in the budget, which itself was already based on an all-time high figure. A vast amount of our money is being wasted on boys' toys, staff appointments, re-grading and non-jobs. Get a grip!

My wife could not run our household's diminishing budget as well as she does if she followed the State's example. We have not taken a holiday for some time and have pulled our horns in so that we can continue to manage - just! Our only luxury (mine actually) is our expensive broadband. I fail to see why we should be expected to fork out more of our "hard earned" just to fund more unnecessary, uncontrolled expenditure and the construction ivory towers!

I suppose, with just about the worst government/administration we have ever had, we can expect nothing else!

Over-taxed and really, really angry!

Zac

Male
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

No Driver at the Engine - tax & over-spend, tax & over-spend! Empty Re: No Driver at the Engine - tax & over-spend, tax & over-spend!

Post by karma Sat 08 May 2010, 12:12 pm

I agree with Zac - I was very very angry listening to BB saying it was unfortunate but we the people of Guernsey, should pay for the States to spend, spend spend (or words to that effect) who except Mr Trott wanted the companies to be exempt from tax????? - but he got his way and now he is 'on the band wagon' saying that the UK 'Hung Parliament' was going to affect us here and life would become more expensive.....so in other words 'don't blame me' it is the UK (the same one that we are expected to follow like sheep!!! but we are not connected to) all I can say is it has given me renewed strength to clear out, sell up and move to my hubby's homeland......hopefully by September!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum