www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-eyesore petition ‘changes nothing’

4 posters

Go down

Anti-eyesore petition ‘changes nothing’ Empty Anti-eyesore petition ‘changes nothing’

Post by GD Thu 27 May 2010, 3:01 pm

Anti-eyesore petition ‘changes nothing’ 0976235_175

From the left, Deputy Chief Minister Bernard Flouquet, Environment minister Peter Sirett with the petition handed to him by co-organisers Robin Penna and Rob McGhee and Rose Penna. (Picture by Adrian Miller, 0976235)

HOW planning decisions are made is not going to change, despite a 1,700-signature petition against eyesore buildings going up in sensitive sites being handed to Environment minister Peter Sirett yesterday.
‘If you asked every person on the island whether they liked a building, half would favour it,’ he said.
‘I was surprised there weren’t more signatures. I was told there might have been more than that.’
He said that while his department respected the group’s opinions, it would not change decision-making.
‘A rejection of an application should not be based on an opinion, but on fact.’ (from thisisguernsey)

In other words "We are not interested in what the people of Guernsey want"
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Anti-eyesore petition ‘changes nothing’ Empty Re: Anti-eyesore petition ‘changes nothing’

Post by plimmerton811 Thu 27 May 2010, 9:24 pm

Sirett as much as I hate to admit is right in that 1,700 don't like something but 1,700 might like the same thing so it has to be decided not on what people like, cause we can't please everyone, but on fact. My concern would be who decides what fact is an eyesore and what fact is eye candy and how it is decided cause from what I have seen there are some rather ugly facts sitting on solid foundations, or perhaps I am just one of the mass that can't be pleased.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Anti-eyesore petition ‘changes nothing’ Empty Re: Anti-eyesore petition ‘changes nothing’

Post by karma Thu 27 May 2010, 10:30 pm

It would have been 1,704 if this family had known there was a petition (and |I wonder how many other people didn't know)..........

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Thu 27 May 2010, 10:58 pm

if i had seen this on the way into the court i would have added my pawprint to it
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down