www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey police officer dismissed after tribunal

4 posters

Go down

Guernsey police officer dismissed after tribunal Empty Guernsey police officer dismissed after tribunal

Post by Dell Mon 04 Oct 2010, 6:34 pm

A Guernsey police officer has been dismissed from the force after he was found to have breached the police discipline code.

An internal misconduct tribunal had found five allegations of serious breaches of the code to be proved.

Guernsey Police said: "The confidence of the public is extremely important, therefore allegations of misconduct are taken very seriously.
"[This is] to ensure the integrity and standards of the force are maintained."

Sgt James Priest, who had been based in Alderney, was suspended in April following a complaint from a member of the public.

Although police would not confirm the name of the officer, they said there were no other outstanding internal investigations.

From BBC.

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Guernsey police officer dismissed after tribunal Empty Re: Guernsey police officer dismissed after tribunal

Post by Dell Mon 04 Oct 2010, 6:36 pm

Alderney Police Sergeant dismissed

Alderney police sergeant James Priest has been found guilty of misconduct and dismissed.

A private police tribunal announced the ruling on Monday afternoon. It comes after Mr Priest was suspended in April for a non-criminal matter following a complaint by a member of the public.

Mr Priest's legal advisor Paul Arditti said his client was extremely disappointed with the verdict and already planning to appeal. It is understood any appeal would be heard by Guernsey States's Home Department within four weeks.

Mr Priest led Alderney Police from January 2009 until his suspension in April this year. He introduced neighbourhood policing to the island and significantly reduced anti-social behaviour problems.

From Channel TV online.

Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Guernsey police officer dismissed after tribunal Empty Re: Guernsey police officer dismissed after tribunal

Post by Dell Sat 16 Oct 2010, 7:52 am

‘Numerous questions need to be answered’

Guernsey police officer dismissed after tribunal 0515968
NUMEROUS questions relating to the sacking of Alderney policeman James Priest need to answered, according to Housing minister Dave Jones.

He has been given access to evidence which led to Mr Priest’s dismissal for five breaches of the police discipline code.

Lawyer Paul Arditti, who represented Mr Priest during his recent employment tribunal, approached Deputy Jones this week after giving Guernsey Police notice of Mr Priest’s intention to appeal against his sacking.

Deputy Jones (pictured), who has been critical of the Law Officers in the past, said: ‘I have been apprised of the situation concerning Mr Priest and I have a series of questions that I believe need answering.

‘I am sifting through the evidence at the moment and will not make any public statements until the appeal case has been heard.’

• Read the full story in the Guernsey Press

Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sun 17 Oct 2010, 1:08 am

How can the appeal be heard by the Home Department do they control the police? is there a conflict of interest are they impartial?

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Sat 30 Oct 2010, 8:38 am

Dismissed bobby wants to get back on the beat

Sacked policeman James Priest wants to return to work in Alderney.

In his first interview since being dismissed for a non-criminal matter by Guernsey Police, Mr Priest said it had been like a bad dream, but says he's received overwhelming public support.

Ever since he was suspended, James Priest has pledged to clear his name. The last six months have been the toughest of his professional life and culminated with him losing his job after being found guilty of breaching the police discipline code.

But hes determined to bounce back and wont stop until he returns to the Alderney beat.

'The whole thing has been absolutely like a bad dream,' he said. 'Its been an absolutely terrible strain on my family. From a personal point of view it does make you question fairness and justice.'

Mr Priest said the publics support had kept him going. 'The publics reaction been amazing and the supports come from some surprising quarters, people who Ive met in other circumstances. And, also, its come from people I havent even met before, which is in itself unbelievable, but from a personal point of view Ive felt humbled by the support and the efforts of everybody to try and get the right decision on my behalf.'

Despite his dismissal Mr Priest is confident justice will be done in his eyes and remains defiant over his plans to return to Alderney Police. 'I still have every confidence in the system, that they will put things right. And Ive still got faith in the system and the police service.

'This is the job I chose. There were other jobs that were available. I came here, I have a passion for Alderney, I want to see Alderney with the best police service they possibly can, and I fully expect to return to my post.'

Lawyer Paul Arditti is preparing Mr Priests appeal, which will be heard by Guernseys Home Department. He expects his client to be back at work very soon. 'Theres no reason why it should take very long. Ultimately the Home Departments job is very simple. Its not going to take any delving in order for them to reach the view that this decision is obviously wrong, obviously unsafe; obviously unfair.'
Guernsey Police spokesman said it would be inappropriate to comment at this time.

From Channel TV

Video

Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hamburg113 Sat 01 Oct 2011, 2:52 am

Hi,

Good ideal, pls try to keep posting. I like this topic very
much and I will digged this one. Tks again.

If you want to get more materials that related to this
topic, you can visit:

http://policeinterviewquestion.info/police-sergeant-interview-questions/

Best regards.

Last edited by hamburg113 on Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

hamburg113

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Mon 03 Oct 2011, 8:17 pm

Can someone please remind of the heinous offence that Sgt Priest committed?

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Tue 11 Oct 2011, 12:37 pm

He was obviously too sucessful and felt too many collars.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down