www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People scared to visit town at night

2 posters

Go down

People scared to visit town at night Empty People scared to visit town at night

Post by GD Wed 22 Dec 2010, 6:24 pm

HUNDREDS of Islanders are too scared to visit St Helier at night and many of those who do fear for their safety, according to new figures.
As town nightspots prepare for the busy Christmas and New Year period, the Jersey Annual Social Survey has revealed that many Islanders fear walking the streets of St Helier after dark.
According to the survey, which is designed to be representative of the whole Island, 12 per cent of people do not visit town after dark because they don’t feel safe.
Twenty per cent of Islanders who do visit town at night ‘usually feel unsafe’, and a further five per cent ‘always feel unsafe’. (from JEP)

Such a shame ...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

People scared to visit town at night Empty Re: People scared to visit town at night

Post by karma Wed 22 Dec 2010, 11:14 pm

Speaking to a Guernsey policeman two weeks ago - I mentioned that St Peter Port was not my place of choice at the weekends and hasn't been for several years .............. his reply was 'if I'm not on duty I stay well away at the week-ends' says it all really Shocked

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum