www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pensioners hit by soaring cost of heating

3 posters

Go down

Pensioners hit by soaring cost of heating Empty Pensioners hit by soaring cost of heating

Post by GD Fri 21 Jan 2011, 7:59 pm

ONE in every five pensioners living alone in Jersey cannot afford to heat their home.
The official States Statistics Unit figure is given as evidence by Senator Francis Le Gresley that more money should be given to the over 65s to help with soaring fuel bills.
Senator Le Gresley is calling on the States to back a proposal to extend winter fuel payments of £225 a year to 1,400 more pensioners at a cost of £315,000.
That money, he suggests, could come from scrapping the black-tie Jersey Enterprise Awards, which cost £75,000, and slashing the budgets of the rural initiative scheme, which gives grants to new rural businesses projects, by £100,000 and of the business advisory service, which gives help to local firms, by £134,000. (from JEP)

So wrong that the elderly have to suffer...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Pensioners hit by soaring cost of heating Empty Re: Pensioners hit by soaring cost of heating

Post by kat Sat 22 Jan 2011, 1:32 pm

this is also happeni ng in our own island .there are many elderly who just sit watching tv with a blanket over them as they cannot afford heating
this is wrong
you only have to read some facebook p[ages with folks on benifit who can afford to smoke and have nights out on the town
there are many who need to money and use it wisely ,and i donr mind folks having a night out but a few come home with a more than the went out with...another child on the way!
this give single mums a bad name ,there are many single mums who are hard working and can be proud of the fact that they have managed to live with out adding to the tax payers.
And there are also many single mums who will if given the chance go out to work,this is where they need help.stop giving out the money like this and let the older person have a few extras like heating .
it is wrong! to mnake them suffer so much because we will get older and will need this comfort later in life .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Pensioners hit by soaring cost of heating Empty Re: Pensioners hit by soaring cost of heating

Post by Thistle Mon 24 Jan 2011, 5:59 pm

i totally agree kat..you only have to go down to the unemployment/supp ben office to see them standing outside with their i-phones,talking about nights out,getting drunk,wearing designer clothes and smoking ...its time some of these little useless gits weremade to go oput to work..the system is too soft on the scroungers and doesnt help those most in need x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down