www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J-Cat Clampdown by Housing Minister

2 posters

Go down

J-Cat Clampdown by Housing Minister Empty J-Cat Clampdown by Housing Minister

Post by Troy McClure Sat 24 May 2008, 10:28 am

Link to JEP

So Sen.Le Main Has decided to clampdown on J-Cat permits within the public sector.

Is this a good thing? Part of me says: Yes, of course it is, what's the point of the law if you're not going to enforce it.

But then part of me questions why Le Main feels he needs to dictate like this to his fellow ministers. Surely they of all people will appreciate the need to be seen to be training an sourcing local staff for as many positions as possible.

So why does he feel the need to question whether they're doing their jobs properly, does he know they're not? does he possess the skills to determine which employees are qualified in the various public departments.

This does obviously mean that whenever a dept. such as TTS or Planning look to employ a new Chief Officer he'll have the power to effect the appointment... could be useful if he doesn't think their views will help his cause at housing.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

J-Cat Clampdown by Housing Minister Empty Re: J-Cat Clampdown by Housing Minister

Post by GD Sat 24 May 2008, 12:41 pm

Surely if there is no-one local suitable for the job concerned, Will this mean that States Departments might be forced to take on someone who could cost the Island £1000's in making the wrong decisions, because they were not able to employ a more suitable person from outside the Island

Sounds like this could be a costly mistake...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

J-Cat Clampdown by Housing Minister Empty Re: J-Cat Clampdown by Housing Minister

Post by Troy McClure Sat 24 May 2008, 2:05 pm

To be honest I think it's a toothless threat, but it means that if, say Sen.Cohen want to employ candidate 'X' from the UK for his new CO, he has to get the okay from Sen.Le Main before doing so. He'll (Cohen) still be able to employ 'X', but will have to prove that there's no local candidate to Sen.Le Main. This gives the opportunity to Le Main to bank favours in place of giving the guy a J-Cat without jumping through hoops.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down