www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Use our rooms for runway workers, say hotel owners

5 posters

Go down

Use our rooms for runway workers, say hotel owners  Empty Use our rooms for runway workers, say hotel owners

Post by GD Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:21 pm

HOTELIERS are frustrated that they have not been consulted about providing accommodation for airport runway workers.

Public Services had planned to build temporary accommodation at Longue Hougue for the expected 150 workers who will be brought in from outside Guernsey.

But general manager of St Martin’s Hotel – now a lodging house – Malcolm Davies thinks it would be a waste of money when PSD could support local businesses by using their premises.

Sarnia Seeds owner Robert Plumley has already contacted PSD offering to lease three vergees of land on his premises in the Forest that would be suitable to site temporary cabins. (from GEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Use our rooms for runway workers, say hotel owners  Empty Re: Use our rooms for runway workers, say hotel owners

Post by Thistle Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:06 am

makes sense at least locals will earn a little money out of the project
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Use our rooms for runway workers, say hotel owners  Empty Re: Use our rooms for runway workers, say hotel owners

Post by kat Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:31 am

they should use local labour as much as possible
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:26 am

........and locals will pay income tax in Guernsey instead of living tax free for the duration!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

All this has to STOP , how the hell do you think Guernsey was built in the old days , We have people that are already here that can do the job , but no they just want all the money to go off island , and how many will stay giving struggling youngsters even less chance to find somewhere to live to bring up a family .
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down