www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you got what it takes?

Go down

Have you got what it takes? Empty Have you got what it takes?

Post by GD Fri 17 Feb 2012, 4:28 pm

Jersey Telecom is looking to fill as many as 100 jobs to realise their Gigabit Jersey project.

On Friday some of the island's unemployed got one step closer to working for the telecoms operator.

They were amongst the more than 200 islanders who had applied for the jobs prior to the January deadline. Additional applications received since the deadline have brought the number of candidates to well over 150.

The shortlisted candidates have been invited to take part in one of 12 assessment days, set up to evaluate their suitability for the roles.

During the assessment days, candidates are being tested for their practical and communication skills.

One of the job seekers, Daniel Tucker said: "I've been unemployed for approximately 12 months, I was working in retail, as a services assistant, supervisor, in the retail industry, and we all know the retail industry is going down a bit at the moment and I thought it would be a good opportunity to find some other work and really sort of start to change my ideas and look for something a bit more practical."

The Gigabit Jersey project aims to get all homes and businesses in the island connected to the fastest broadband speeds in the Western world by 2016.

In order to achieve that, the current copper network has to be replaces by fibre-optic cabling.
(from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down