www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GARRETT; Michael Guy Gordon

Go down

GARRETT; Michael Guy Gordon Empty GARRETT; Michael Guy Gordon

Post by GD Sat 17 Mar 2012, 5:30 pm

Manifesto to follow...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

GARRETT; Michael Guy Gordon Empty Re: GARRETT; Michael Guy Gordon

Post by GD Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:04 pm

GARRETT; Michael Guy Gordon Mike-Garrett-296x300

I am one of your seven current deputies in Castel, this has been my first term after being elected in 2008.

I currently serve as Deputy Minister for the Culture & Leisure Department, as well as being a Member of the Scrutiny and the Public Accounts Committees. For the last 2 years I have been a member of the States Strategic Planning team developing and laying down future frame work policies and guidelines for good governance and sound business decisions, this should ensure we make the most effective use of Public Monies and Resources for the next States Assembly.

We have lived inAlbecq in the parish since 1994, and have been in the island since arriving in 1983 nearly 30 years ago.I have a strong family base with 5 grown up children and nine wonderful grand-children.

Prior to being elected to the States in 2008, I have been a Hotelier and Caterer all my professional working life, during this time I served GHATA for nearly 18 years with 2 years as President.

I spent 8 years on the Chamber of Commerce Council, with3 years serving the Post Watch Consumer Committee. I have also had the pleasure of being a Special Constable in Castel since1999 for the Fort Hommet Headland and the Guet, and served the Police Public Consultancy Group until 2009.

I have always worked hard to preserve our environment and natural Heritage, being a member of both the Societe Guernesaise & the Guernsey National Trust since 1983. I have also been fortunate to be a member of the small team restoring The Shrine of the Sacred Heart Bunker on Fort Hommet Headland.

My interests are all forms of sports, particularly rugby. I collect postage seals and stamps, and enjoy ancient & modern history.

My Main Manifesto points:

• To maintain an open style of decision making that is transparent and truthful to the whole electorate.
  • I will oppose any form of Goods & Services Tax, this will only be inflationary for all.
  • I fully support the Mulkerrin Report on Education, and the need for our schools to be self managed.
  • I will support Nursery Education.
  • We must look to have better Social Housing with the Right to Buy, we must help our young couples to afford their own homes.
  • I will continue to fight for equal pay for women and fairer rights.
  • We must be sure that all our key industries are fully supported. Finance & Insurance Sectors are vital for our future economic stability, with sensible Regulations and Controls in place to allow global competitiveness.
  • To maintain Strict and Sensible Controls on Imigration and Housing Policies.
  • I support strong Law & Order values, with a Zero Tolerance on mindless vandalism.
  • We must ensure complete protection of our Rural Countryside, and I oppose any form of Wind Turbines off our Cobo & Vazon coastlines.
  • LASTLY….we must be Strict, Sensible & Strong in controlling our Spending. We Must Not Spend what we Cannot Afford!

garrett@cwgsy.net
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down