www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O'HARA; Michael George

Go down

O'HARA; Michael George Empty O'HARA; Michael George

Post by GD Sat 17 Mar 2012, 5:46 pm

Manifesto to follow...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

O'HARA; Michael George Empty Re: O'HARA; Michael George

Post by GD Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:17 pm

O'HARA; Michael George Mike-OHara-239x300

These last 4 years have flown! It only seems like yesterday that I was walking the parishes. I intend to try and visit everyone, but States commitments continue, so if I miss you I apologise.

I find writing a manifesto not easy. It is difficult to cover all subjects and there is nothing worse then blowing your own trumpet! What I will risk saying is that I feel I have diligently and tirelessly tried to do my best for you over the last 11 years and hope you will grant me the honour to serve you again in this next term.

The Island is successful in many areas, however these next 4 years will be extremely important. We must all work together as a community to steer our economy and all our lifestyles to the levels we all want to enjoy.

States Strategic Plan – In 2004 I had great hopes of assisting in moulding your Government into a more structured and cohesive government in 2008. I mentioned that some progress had been made and that the then proposed Government Business Plan would progress these aims. This has now been improved by the introduction of the States Strategic Plan. This is a live and continuously evolving plan involving all the States members and importantly the public through a series of meetings and consultation. The plan provides a focused approach to our Island infrastructure through revenue expenditure and capital projects, whilst observing our natural resources and environment.

Education – Education is undertaking one of the largest reviews for a considerable time throughout our primary and secondary schools. Education is paramount and I support improvement, however great care must be taken to ensure that these reviews do not upset the balance and stability of our schools which are such an important and excellent strong part of our Island community and youth culture. Moral must be kept at the highest level and any reviews must embrace and encompass all our excellent teachers at all stages. We should be looking to introduce nursery schooling as soon as possible.

Is the Government working? – Of course no Government works as well as it could. There is always room for improvement. I am no different from yourself in criticising our States at times. Sometimes we make decisions we don’t all agree with, however, I have seen some improvements in looking at things in a more corporate and holistic manner. It is still not right yet, so we must apply ourselves as States members to committing ourselves to working more closely together.

Waste and sewage disposal – These have certainly been the centre of controversy throughout this term, however after a considerable time we have an agreed policy to follow. Not everyone agrees with the policies, but it was vital to find a solution. I will be looking to ensure that these policies provide the best outcome to benefit our community.

Tourism – At Culture and Leisure, we play a major part in tourism. Various groups provide the basis for many events in connection with the Arts, Sports, Culture & Heritage, Floral Guernsey, the Good Food group and Nautical events. Tourism is vital to our economy and I will look to improving and increasing this section of industry.

mike.ohara@cwgsy.net
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down