www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living Streets call for a pelican crossing at Forest School

4 posters

Go down

Living Streets call for a pelican crossing at Forest School Empty Living Streets call for a pelican crossing at Forest School

Post by GD Mon 16 Jun 2008, 1:27 pm

There's mounting pressure for safer traffic measures at Forest School.

Deputy John Gollop, the chairman of road safety pressure group Living
Streets, says there's no reason a pelican crossing shouldn't be put in.

On Friday, Gary Le Huray, the Forest School Headmaster, told island FM
traffic officials dismissed requests for a traffic light crossing 'out of
hand'.

Parents and teachers say something needs to be done to protect pupils and
Deputy Gollop says he can't understand Traffic's objection to the safety
measure.

It seems a good idea to me....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Living Streets call for a pelican crossing at Forest School Empty Re: Living Streets call for a pelican crossing at Forest School

Post by kat Mon 16 Jun 2008, 4:55 pm

I have been campaigning for over 35 years for a safe crossing for children where i live.all they say is they are monitoring the situation
But in the last 4 years another project came to light where they are building new house at Maurepas road .
I did put in a representation at the planning stage to make a safe walkway for children from Amherst to use to get back into Millbrook estate
I am still watching and waiting .and had the backing off steps as well
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Living Streets call for a pelican crossing at Forest School Empty Re: Living Streets call for a pelican crossing at Forest School

Post by Digger Wed 02 Jul 2008, 9:10 pm

I do not see the need for a crossing at Forest School they have lowered the speed limit they have warning flashing lights and a lollipop man to halt the traffic . Don't even start me on some of the ideas STEPS comes up with . I am not against making the roads safer but they go way over the top ,you cannot wrap people in cotton wool all their lives if the kids do not learn at a young age about traffic awareness it can only have a detrimental affect.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Tue 29 Jul 2008, 8:23 pm

Living streets should be ashamed of themselves. They are a puppet for the gov. Just look at the appaling lighting where there are zebra crossings and whats this group of muppets done about that.nothing............not a dam thing.......What about the access into HSBC bank for the disabled.....Living streets......living for who??

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down