www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sense of achievement beats aching limbs..

4 posters

Go down

Sense of achievement beats aching limbs.. Empty Sense of achievement beats aching limbs..

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 08 Jun 2009, 12:58 pm

DETERMINATION and strength overcame blisters and sore muscles on Saturday when hundreds of islanders took part in the Itex Rotary Walk.
A total of 677 people completed the 40-mile course to raise money for seven local charities.
First to finish was Guernsey footballer Naro Zimmerman. It took him seven-and-a-half hours to complete the course.
Walk committee chairman Richard Parker said the day had been a success.
‘It’s going very well and there is a great enthusiasm among the participants,’ he said.
‘We have a record number of entrants and there just seems to be a great spirit.’
Many walkers chose to complete the Itex Rotary Mini Walk, which started at Bordeaux later on in the day.
A breakfast of bacon and sausage rolls was available at Petit Bot for those who took on the whole course.

(thisisguernsey)

Well done to them all... :MERRY: i'd still be walking ... :Scared 1:
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Sense of achievement beats aching limbs.. Empty Re: Sense of achievement beats aching limbs..

Post by Anomiso Mon 08 Jun 2009, 1:04 pm

I would still, maybe. be crawling
Great effort !!! Well Done!!!
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female
Number of posts : 1968
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Sense of achievement beats aching limbs.. Empty Re: Sense of achievement beats aching limbs..

Post by karma Mon 08 Jun 2009, 2:15 pm

Well done All

Sense of achievement beats aching limbs.. 90d368134f304440ded0881437fcc681966b9cb5

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Mon 08 Jun 2009, 6:43 pm

And hopefully a lot of money raised for good causes locally....

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down