www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Web of intrigue as artist told to remove her Arcade cobweb

+6
Thistle
Dell
kat
kiwis kitten
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Web of intrigue as artist told to remove her Arcade cobweb Empty Web of intrigue as artist told to remove her Arcade cobweb

Post by GD Sat 22 Aug 2009, 11:56 am

Fab Martin has been told to remove her cobweb street art creation.

A YOUNG artist has been ordered to remove a spider web she created outside an empty shop.

Fab Martin, 20, made the web out of elastic bands in the doorway of the Arcade store, next to Toni and Guy Hairdressers.

Miss Martin was initially given permission to install the work by estate agent Martel Maides, which is trying to let the property.

But, just days after it was created, the company has changed its mind.

‘I’m very annoyed,’ said the artist, who works as a barmaid. ‘I asked permission to put it up and they said if the time came when they told me to take it down, I would have to.’

She has been creating spider webs for some time and wanted to introduce street art to Guernsey.

Martel Maides commercial director Nick Renny said he had asked her to remove it because someone was trying to make a political issue out of it.

‘I don’t want to embarrass my client, or anybody else,’ he said. For every supporter, there will be 200 who think it’s horrible (from thisisguernsey)

To me I can't see what the problem is...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Web of intrigue as artist told to remove her Arcade cobweb Empty Re: Web of intrigue as artist told to remove her Arcade cobweb

Post by karma Sat 22 Aug 2009, 11:58 am

I personally think that the building is so dire it should have an 'ugly' tax slapped on it straight away.....to go into the Black Hole of course.....

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Web of intrigue as artist told to remove her Arcade cobweb Empty Re: Web of intrigue as artist told to remove her Arcade cobweb

Post by kiwis kitten Sat 22 Aug 2009, 12:03 pm

I have seen it..and i think it should stay...
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sat 22 Aug 2009, 12:18 pm

Yeo if they make her remove it - they should definitely pay the 'ugly' tax!!!!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 22 Aug 2009, 12:21 pm

perhaps she should spin on next time the states meet ..right outside the royal court that would stop them from leaving before business is finnished
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sat 22 Aug 2009, 12:26 pm

lol! even if there is already too much 'spin' going on inside lol!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Sat 22 Aug 2009, 6:15 pm

What got me from the article in the Press was that the estate agent referred to 'political interest'...... what on earth can he mean?

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 22 Aug 2009, 6:21 pm

sure wouldnt want to meet the spider from that web.itnshould have been left where it was.the owner of the building should be made to make it usable it is a damned disgrace.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 22 Aug 2009, 6:55 pm

kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Sun 23 Aug 2009, 5:01 pm

oh my god Kat.....thats a big one !!!!! Shocked
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanjar Mon 02 Nov 2009, 4:12 pm

I couldn't eat a whole one!

Beanjar

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 02 Nov 2009, 6:55 pm

I dunno - it's no bigger than a Spider Crab and I bet you could manage a whole one of those with bread and butter as well!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Mon 02 Nov 2009, 7:10 pm

I'm with Del what was the political interest shown? and who by? and how the hell could there be a political interest in some rubber bands in a disused shop doorway?

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Mon 02 Nov 2009, 7:49 pm

Thanks plimmerton, I am still non the wiser!!!!!
Web of intrigue as artist told to remove her Arcade cobweb 400724

Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Mon 02 Nov 2009, 11:20 pm

It's not political.It's a perception thing.I think the Mona Lisa is art.I think a spider's web is craft but a spiders web made of rubber bands is probably daft.
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 02 Nov 2009, 11:24 pm

The spider might just agree with you there Bug!!! But then again no dafter than some of the arts on display in the Tate that 'artists get grants for producing.......

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 03 Nov 2009, 9:09 am

bug1 wrote:It's not political.It's a perception thing.I think the Mona Lisa is art.I think a spider's web is craft but a spiders web made of rubber bands is probably daft.

Art takes many forms, apparently, so made of rubber bands is it daft or is it art. You do not seem to be too sure because you say it is "probably daft".
Being daft in a shop doorway is causing no harm to anyone.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Tue 03 Nov 2009, 7:04 pm

I am all for encouraging such things, the artist got permission and shared her art form with a wider audience, all legal and above board.

Far better IMO (obviously!!) that than 'Tags' and other ramdom graffetti damaging peoples property around the Island. We need to support the CFE and their Arts programmes, these youngsters are our future in the modern art world.

Plimmerton, I too noted Bugs use of the words
probably daft
!!! Web of intrigue as artist told to remove her Arcade cobweb Lol

Dell
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Tue 03 Nov 2009, 9:39 pm

Re above.Even I can be PC !!!!(occasionly) Web of intrigue as artist told to remove her Arcade cobweb Icon_wink
bug1
bug1

Male

Back to top Go down

Web of intrigue as artist told to remove her Arcade cobweb Empty This island is closing down well done the states cap the shop rents

Post by deadmore Sun 15 Nov 2009, 3:41 pm

karma wrote:I personally think that the building is so dire it should have an 'ugly' tax slapped on it straight away.....to go into the Black Holethis of course.....
deadmore
deadmore

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 15 Nov 2009, 4:31 pm

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Shocked

karma wrote:I personally think that the building is so dire it should have an 'ugly' tax slapped on it straight away.....to go into the Black Hole of course.....

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Sun 15 Nov 2009, 5:43 pm

EH?
bug1
bug1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 15 Nov 2009, 6:57 pm

Same here - what I said was quoted - but with a couple of extra words at the end 'this of course' but no further comment - so I was hoping that deadmore would finish whatever it was that was being said..... affraid so I am as EH!!! as you Bug..... lol!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by deadmore Mon 16 Nov 2009, 1:06 pm

lets build an office block
deadmore
deadmore

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 16 Nov 2009, 1:56 pm

Why not a Parking Lot?????

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next