www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter

+11
daffy.duck69
technophobe
ted
Mischas
Cassandra
schoolyjo
KiwiG
bug1
kat
Alpy
GD
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter Empty Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter

Post by GD Sat 16 Jan 2010, 5:17 pm

A mother of a 14 year old daughter, claims she is missing out on a vital part of her education – because she has had her nose pierced.

The pupil at La Mare de Carteret High School is not allowed to return to school until she removes a small stud after having it pierced during the Christmas holidays.
‘It is ridiculous in this day and age to ban a child for something like this which is not affecting their education,’ said the mother.
The Mother claimed her daughter was missing mock GCSE exams, but the Education Department denied that the Year 9 pupil was doing so by choosing not to be in school.
‘She can return to school at any time as long as she has removed the nose stud,’ said a spokesman.

Are the education right in their stance or are they "out of date" with the times?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter Empty Re: Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter

Post by Alpy Sat 16 Jan 2010, 5:35 pm

Take the whore stud out! what's the problem?
Alpy
Alpy

Male
Number of posts : 3484
Humor : 'Humor is reason gone mad' G.Marx
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter Empty Re: Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter

Post by kat Sat 16 Jan 2010, 6:13 pm

she knew the rules so it is their fault take the stud out
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Sat 16 Jan 2010, 8:38 pm

Exactly.It,s total disregard for even the basic rules that has led to the current society. Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter 232852
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KiwiG Sat 16 Jan 2010, 9:26 pm

Call me old fashioned.........................

But why anybody would want objects poked through their lips, nose, tongue, cheeks, etc, is beyond me.

Back to my cave...................
KiwiG
KiwiG

Male
Number of posts : 806
Humor : I think............if I don't thwim!!
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 16 Jan 2010, 10:09 pm

ok batman
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Sat 16 Jan 2010, 11:11 pm

why should she take it out? it doesnt stop her learning, its craziness, these kids rebel against authority cos of the stupidity of the rules, yes fair enough there has to be rules, but if a teenager has a few piercings, what difference does it make to the school,,,, none at all, doesnt mean she wont pass exams just because of a piercing,,, education, like all other departments, crazy rules!

schoolyjo

Female
Number of posts : 177
Humor : exceedlingly wicked
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 16 Jan 2010, 11:28 pm

not at all but these are the rules .....
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Sun 17 Jan 2010, 12:46 am

schoolyjo wrote:why should she take it out? it doesnt stop her learning, its craziness, these kids rebel against authority cos of the stupidity of the rules, yes fair enough there has to be rules, but if a teenager has a few piercings, what difference does it make to the school,,,, none at all, doesnt mean she wont pass exams just because of a piercing,,, education, like all other departments, crazy rules!

None of the following will prevent you passing exams.
Not wearing a seat belt.
Going in to the pub when you're 16
Throwing rubbish in the street
Shouting abuse at strangers
BUT they are anti-social and against the rules!
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassandra Sun 17 Jan 2010, 2:10 am

well said, bug1.
Cassandra
Cassandra

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischas Sun 17 Jan 2010, 2:25 am

schoolyjo wrote:why should she take it out? it doesnt stop her learning, its craziness, these kids rebel against authority cos of the stupidity of the rules, yes fair enough there has to be rules, but if a teenager has a few piercings, what difference does it make to the school,,,, none at all, doesnt mean she wont pass exams just because of a piercing,,, education, like all other departments, crazy rules!

I think you'll find the rules are there for a specific reason.

How would the mother feel if her daughter came home with her nose/ear/lip whatever torn because the stud had been accidentally pulled out during gym or while playing in the playground.

Accidents happen and the rules are there for a reason, take the stud out.

Mischas

Female
Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Sun 17 Jan 2010, 12:26 pm

Must have been a slow day for news in the press. Nose studs or rings against school policy, end of story.
ted
ted

Male
Number of posts : 124
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Sun 17 Jan 2010, 1:25 pm

alpbach1 wrote:Take the whore stud out! what's the problem?

What are you talking about you idiot?

Calling women whores for wearing a nose stud, that's very brave of you.

Last edited by GD on Sun 17 Jan 2010, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Personal Attack)

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by daffy.duck69 Sun 17 Jan 2010, 2:34 pm

i bet if the girl was a muslim then nothing would be said

daffy.duck69

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gimp Sun 17 Jan 2010, 3:28 pm

daffy.duck69 wrote:i bet if the girl was a muslim then nothing would be said

very true dd69
The Gimp
The Gimp

Male
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Sun 17 Jan 2010, 4:45 pm

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter 517155
Alpy
Alpy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Sun 17 Jan 2010, 5:38 pm

technophobe wrote:

I am allowed my opinion that's what forums are for...I did not make any personal attacks like you did! ...If you want to be taken seriously by anyone look at yourself in the mirror people will always judge you by your appearance...
Alpy
Alpy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zaina Sun 17 Jan 2010, 9:13 pm

From what I read a few years ago ,nose studs were a sign of slavery in the left side ,
they look very nice and would not of minded having mine done but not sure how much it hurts ,
on the topic
As for wearing at school . I believe it comes under health and safty issues and the school could be liable if she gets hurt ,yet again I could be wrong .
zaina
zaina

Female
Number of posts : 252
Humor : Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Sun 17 Jan 2010, 9:38 pm

technophobe wrote:

I have my nose pierced........and I have never been called a whore because i choose to wear a piece of jewellery in my nose...lol

I am 44 years old I had it done Oct 2008 and its the best piercing i have ever had i love it..

I have had many compliments about it... never anything negative...

Is that what ppl think these days...women with nose piercings are whores?!?!

My nose is pierced on the left Zaina..didn't know it had a meaning...and yes it hurt a little but its over so quick...go for it...i buy my nose studs from here.
http://www.bodymattersgold.com/acatalog/2mm_Premium_Diamond_Nose_Stud.html

Not cheap but worth every penny....

Right back to topic....

I can see why they might want her to remove her piercing for safety reasons... but u can get such tiny discreet studs nowadays...
Thing is...if they let one they will have to let them all....Tricky one !!!

Last edited by kiwis kitten on Sun 17 Jan 2010, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Mon 18 Jan 2010, 8:16 am

alpbach1 wrote:
technophobe wrote:

I am allowed my opinion that's what forums are for...I did not make any personal attacks like you did! ...If you want to be taken seriously by anyone look at yourself in the mirror people will always judge you by your appearance...

Calling girls whores for having their noses pierced is not an attack? My girlfriend has her nose pierced and I can assure you that if you called her a whore because of it both she and I would consider it to be personal.

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KiwiG Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:00 am

Can I ask what a nose piercing does for you?

I know what the tongue ones are for ;-)

Serious question out of interest, not a wind up!
KiwiG
KiwiG

Male
Number of posts : 806
Humor : I think............if I don't thwim!!
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:08 am

IMO - If you cannot obey a few rules (made for your safety) for a few years of your life and your parents wont back up the teachers - that is the first step to becoming one of the 'lawless' (as in I can do what I like and nobody will stop me) and we have quite enough of those around these days....surely mother should have told her daughter to wait a couple of years until her schooling is finished (some of the problems in this day an age is 'I want it and I want it now'!!) .... and jewellery/tattooing is only to attract attention to yourself (after all you cannot see it especially on your nose/navel/t**ts/back/upper arm etc etc) and at school that would mean detracting your concentration from your work - while trying to attract others....and if in the evenings and at week-end you want to decorate your face/body in that way there are very good imitation 'stick on' nose jewellery/tattoos available - that way everybody would be happy!!!! - I believe it is called compromise.......or even common sense!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:17 am

KiwiG wrote:Can I ask what a nose piercing does for you?

The left means lesbian or bi and the right means your straight.... Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter Lol

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:19 am

KiwiG wrote:Can I ask what a nose piercing does for you?

It helps me collect bogies..LOL Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter 102870

No really KiwiG i just love jewellery... and having my nose pierced was something i have always wanted to do ..but i was just a bit of a chicken to have it done...I am so glad i did now..
But...i don't wear nose rings just very discreet diamond studs....

I am not brave enough to have my tongue pierced though....that doesn't appeal to me... Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter Icon_wink

OMG Karma....is that really the meanings???..........mines on the left...........oh dear... Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter Lol
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:21 am

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter Lol I'll defend you Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter Lol

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next