www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter

+11
daffy.duck69
technophobe
ted
Mischas
Cassandra
schoolyjo
KiwiG
bug1
kat
Alpy
GD
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Empty Re: Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter

Post by KiwiG Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:00 am

Can I ask what a nose piercing does for you?

I know what the tongue ones are for ;-)

Serious question out of interest, not a wind up!

KiwiG

Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Empty Re: Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter

Post by karma Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:08 am

IMO - If you cannot obey a few rules (made for your safety) for a few years of your life and your parents wont back up the teachers - that is the first step to becoming one of the 'lawless' (as in I can do what I like and nobody will stop me) and we have quite enough of those around these days....surely mother should have told her daughter to wait a couple of years until her schooling is finished (some of the problems in this day an age is 'I want it and I want it now'!!) .... and jewellery/tattooing is only to attract attention to yourself (after all you cannot see it especially on your nose/navel/t**ts/back/upper arm etc etc) and at school that would mean detracting your concentration from your work - while trying to attract others....and if in the evenings and at week-end you want to decorate your face/body in that way there are very good imitation 'stick on' nose jewellery/tattoos available - that way everybody would be happy!!!! - I believe it is called compromise.......or even common sense!!!!

Number of posts : 16109
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:17 am

KiwiG wrote:Can I ask what a nose piercing does for you?

The left means lesbian or bi and the right means your straight.... Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:19 am

KiwiG wrote:Can I ask what a nose piercing does for you?

It helps me collect bogies..LOL Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 102870

No really KiwiG i just love jewellery... and having my nose pierced was something i have always wanted to do ..but i was just a bit of a chicken to have it done...I am so glad i did now..
But...i don't wear nose rings just very discreet diamond studs....

I am not brave enough to have my tongue pierced though....that doesn't appeal to me... Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Icon_wink

OMG Karma....is that really the meanings???..........mines on the left...........oh dear... Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Lol

kiwis kitten

Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:21 am

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Lol I'll defend you Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:22 am

LMAO....Thanks Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Icon_wink xx
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:31 am

''In the west nose piercing first appeared among the hippies who travelled
to India in the Late 1960's. It was later adopted by the Punk movement
of the late 1970's as a symbol of rebellion against conservative values,
and conservative people like parents and employers still don't react well
to it, so consider their reaction carefully before getting it done''.
Alpy
Alpy

Male
Number of posts : 3484
Humor : 'Humor is reason gone mad' G.Marx
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:36 am

My girlfriend's reason for having it done was purely because she thought it would look good (the reason that almost all jewellery is worn surely), by the sounds of it hers is very similar to KK's, she just wears a small diamond stud.

She's employed in a senior position in a Swiss bank, they don't seem to mind it in the slightest, and you don't get much more conservative than that!!!

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:48 am

alpbach1 wrote:''In the west nose piercing first appeared among the hippies who travelled
to India in the Late 1960's. It was later adopted by the Punk movement
of the late 1970's as a symbol of rebellion against conservative values,
and conservative people like parents and employers still don't react well
to it, so consider their reaction carefully before getting it done''.

That was then..its 2010.....

My mother is very straight laced about things... hates tattoo's..so when i told her i was going to have my nose pierced i thought i would get the..."its common" but i didn't get that reaction at all...she loves it....but at 67 thinks she is far to old to have hers done... Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Lol

Last edited by kiwis kitten on Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:52 am

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 2717526550_24fff2476aDoes this look cheap ???????
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Mon 18 Jan 2010, 10:32 am

If you think a nose stud is more important than your daughters education than i am not the 'idiot'...this thread is about a kids rebellion, not about if a nose stud is cheap or not!

Technophobe..learn the difference between a personal attack and an opinion...and if you still don't understand, Google the word 'Personal'

Alpy
Alpy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 18 Jan 2010, 10:38 am

It's not about how it looks in my opinion - it is about the erosion of the school's principle and rules which has a knock on effect in later life - there is a times and place for everything and school is not the place for jewllery Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Icon_cyclops as my previous post said there are plenty of 'imitation' nose studs to chose from - which can be worn in the evenings and week ends without flaunting the rules......

Female
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Mon 18 Jan 2010, 10:43 am

Fair Enough Alpach1...
but U were the one who used the word 'WHORE' insinuating that anyone with a nose piercing was one....

That wasn't anything to do with the topic ....was it ?!?!?!

Ok then...back to topic.........

I think she is 14..her mother knew it wouldn't be allowed at school so she should of waited till she was a little older....
Not because it makes her look like a whore.......
There we are !!! Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Icon_razz
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Mon 18 Jan 2010, 10:43 am

alpbach1 wrote:If you think a nose stud is more important than your daughters education than i am not the 'idiot'...this thread is about a kids rebellion, not about if a nose stud is cheap or not!

Technophobe..learn the difference between a personal attack and an opinion...and if you still don't understand, Google the word 'Personal'

I think it's quite clear who the idiot is in this conversation - someone who refers to girls and women as whores simply because they wear a nose stud. Now you're trying to worm your way out of it by saying that's not what the thread's about (which it isn't, but you started this diversion with your moronic statement).

Please keep your misogynist opinions to yourself.

technophobe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Mon 18 Jan 2010, 10:48 am

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Lol
Alpy
Alpy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KiwiG Tue 19 Jan 2010, 8:03 am

Alpy, I had no idea you were a ladies discreet parts doctor ??!!

Woman hater.........................I don't think so!

KK. like the bogie grader concept, don't it make pickin a bit tricky though?

Think I will quit before my knee caps are visited !
KiwiG
KiwiG

Male
Number of posts : 806
Humor : I think............if I don't thwim!!
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Tue 19 Jan 2010, 8:26 am

KiwiG wrote:Alpy, I had no idea you were a ladies discreet parts doctor ??!!

I have a lovely wife and two adorable daughters, if anyone thinks that I am a woman hater than they are small minded jerks!
Alpy
Alpy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 19 Jan 2010, 8:58 am

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Lol Woman hater.........................I don't think so! Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Lol

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Tue 19 Jan 2010, 9:29 am

alpbach1 wrote:
KiwiG wrote:Alpy, I had no idea you were a ladies discreet parts doctor ??!!

I have a lovely wife and two adorable daughters, if anyone thinks that I am a woman hater than they are small minded jerks!

Hopefully your daughters will come in with their noses (or other parts of their anatomy) pierced one day, then maybe your views would become less judgmental.

technophobe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Tue 19 Jan 2010, 9:32 am

looks like a start of a zit ..
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 19 Jan 2010, 9:32 am

Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 Lol

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Tue 19 Jan 2010, 10:01 am

SSDD....................GAL.............. Mother angered by school’s ban on nose-pierced daughter - Page 2 272186
Alpy
Alpy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:05 pm

It is illegal for children to get tattoos and body piercing, Guernsey's Health and Social Services Department has reiterated.The department said the law was designed to prevent children from making decisions they could regret.

'Mental side'
Nick Dray, from Black Star Tattoo, said young people needed to think carefully before being tattooed.
"While there's no actual physical reason why they can't get a tattoo, there's the mental side - maybe they haven't thought it through about jobs and careers.
"Also, a lot of youngsters get tattoos that they end up regretting."
In a statement, the department
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2