www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey charity workers honoured by Queen

2 posters

Go down

Guernsey charity workers honoured by Queen Empty Guernsey charity workers honoured by Queen

Post by GD Sat 29 Dec 2012, 7:35 pm

Two Bailiwick charity workers have been included in the Queen's New Year Honours list.

Jurat Mike Tanguy has been appointed MBE for his roles in several Guernsey charities.

As chairman of the board of governors at Les Bourgs Hospice, he recently oversaw a comprehensive £4m rebuild of the charity's site in St Andrew.

Ilona Soane-Sands, who is heavily involved in organising Alderney Week, was awarded the British Empire Medal.

'Team effort'

Mr Tanguy, who chairs the Guernsey Alzheimer's Association, Le Platon Residential Home and Les Cotils Christian Centre, said he was "quite amazed" by the honour.

"It's something that reflects on all of us," he said. "It's the recognition of a team's effort. I just happen to be the chairman of those teams."

As a result of his charitable work having previously been acknowledged, Mr Tanguy has already attended three garden parties at Buckingham Palace.

However, he said his investiture there next year would be "more than exceptional".

Mrs Soane-Sands, who has been a volunteer for the Alderney Week team for six years, said she was "very, very surprised and very honoured".

"I like doing things that increase the value of life in Alderney, that bring fun to the island," she said.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey charity workers honoured by Queen Empty Re: Guernsey charity workers honoured by Queen

Post by kat Mon 31 Dec 2012, 2:17 pm

A gentleman who works so hard for others well done !
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down