www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Wealthy' States tenants fight eviction order

+12
Chok Dee Ja
Workaholic
Staffy-Girl
ploughman
gsyguy
kat
wayside
guernsey girl
Spirit
Pete Burtenshaw
Thistle
GD
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

'Wealthy' States tenants fight eviction order - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Wealthy' States tenants fight eviction order

Post by guernsey girl Wed 03 Sep 2008, 12:28 am

kat wrote:A shame they cannot just tansfer into the GHA and pay a rent that fits the home
Too many times folks are sent into the pivate sector adding to the ever increasing presure for some landlords to build more of some very dodgy places
adding to the misery of the growing Guernsey ...too many people not enough spaces for a decent home..this will in future years add to the antisocial envioment that we are beging to see on our isand
Cram as many boxes in a small space as possible ....
only have to look at theose in the bus garafe to see this going on
How many they are going to build on the grandbouet estate when those that are there now get demolished?
I just hope our new envioment department have some sympathey with the surounding.

thank you for the suport they think it is so easy just to go and find rented place just like that they have throw out so many there is nothing left and while we are just working states tenents we still have our pride why should we be treated like cattle

guernsey girl

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

'Wealthy' States tenants fight eviction order - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Wealthy' States tenants fight eviction order

Post by guernsey girl Wed 03 Sep 2008, 2:17 am

Thistle wrote:you haven't answered my questions above re age and family circumstances.if you are just a couple and £200 a week over the limit and living in a three bedroomed house and at your age would it not be possible to look at the GHA shared equity scheme.you can buy between 40 and 80% of a property.just a thought .
just a couple but too old to buy no money for a deposit or able to pay high rent and there is just nowhere if you look in the paper its flats or high rents and no children smokers or pets so where are we supose go but the states are quite happy to pay for people who keeping having 12 or 13 kids and living off benfit they should try and help the ones that help themselves and do pay there rent.

guernsey girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 03 Sep 2008, 7:47 am

are you over the limit for renting from the GHA.their earnings levels are a bit higher than the housing department.just a thought. the housing department should be looking at dropping the age limit for couples down to 60 to meet the criteria instead of 65 .

Thistle

Number of posts : 10987
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy-Girl Wed 03 Sep 2008, 1:54 pm

Omg £200 over is a lot but at the same time, where the hell are they going to go? No children, pets or smokers is all u get from the private sector and why should people have to give up their pets just to keep a roof over their heads? We are supposed to live in a modern world but as my husband says, it is like being ruled by the Gestapo in Guernsey. Every which way u turn, there are rules, rules, rules and the States of Guernsey want all our hard earned wages and just don't appear to want to help the people that really genuinely need to be helped. This poor woman and her husband are obviously beside themselves with worry about where the hell they go from here. At their ages, they should be enjoying their time together and certainly not have to worry about where they are going to live and spend their next Christmas. It is all wrong over here. Why not just move them into a 1 bedroom property or let them stay there till one comes up? I don't see the point of kicking out a couple that pay full rent and then find that they have to be rehomed in 4 years or so. If that was me, I would go to the doctor, be signed off indefinitely and I would have to stay in a States House because of low income. I know it aint right but honesty is definitely not ur best policy these days. Dont get me wrong, I am 100% honest but it doesn't always get me anywhere. I cannot believe that these people are being treated like this. Getting thrown out of their home at their ages. I understand that the housing need to free up some of the 3 bedders etc., but why not transfer this couple into a 1 bedder and perhaps charge them higher rent or something. There has got to be a way around it. Guernsey is shite now. It really isn't like it was and I am only 34 but I can see how much it has changed over the years. All the rich people are taking over and making people like us suffer. Unbelievable!!! I would just like to give my best wishes to the couple in question and I hope u find somewhere suitable and that u dont have to part with ur extended family i.e. your pets. Unfortunately u are caught up in Guernsey going downhill!

Staffy-Girl

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-13

http://www.CandyzDogz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Thu 04 Sep 2008, 7:05 pm

It seems if you are local you are screwed. So what the couple earn over £200 more then allowed, they have worked all their bloody lives and now they are reaping the benefits. Christ, look at the single teenagers who leave school, have a baby, sign on and get a bloody house...obscene. How can this couple be turned out their home after all these years......callous and petty. Still, that’s what you get when the English run the show........

Pete Burtenshaw

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by guernsey girl Thu 04 Sep 2008, 9:39 pm

thanks I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that, you got more chance and treated better if you are not local I have worked since my son was 9 months old he is now 36yrs old I was about 19 when I had him. hardly ever taking a sick day i have worked bloody hard scrubing offices or doing any thing that would keep us going 6years ago I had to have a op on my back that is when I thought now is the time go to collage I did a computer course and got my self a office job and that is what you get when you try and better youself . I have never thought of living anywhere else but I am geting to hate the place and would tell any youngster go there is nothing left for you over hear What they have put my husband and I through is so devastaing the stress and worry it will cause a heart-attack to somebody one day three weeks ago my husband had to have a brain scan they thought it might have been a slight strok all through stress:(:(

guernsey girl

Female
Job/hobbies : love animals
Humor : a good sence of humor allways see the funny side of life

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 05 Sep 2008, 6:41 am

Guernsey girl, you will receive little pity from a majority of locals even those who are living in states houses because Gsy people are scared of speaking out. They rant and rant in the pub or at work at how bad things are over here and yet when push comes to shove they do nothing. The media, none locals and the local snobs over here have caused so much hatred towards those decent people who live in states houses that they demonise people like you and your hubby and you do not stand a chance. Also, how the hell can a tribunal associated to the very authority who is kicking you out reach a fair and balanced judgment........stand your ground, show those locals, none locals and local snobs who have no conscience or do not live in the real world that you will not be bullied and your life and health destroyed because you are hardworking, decent locals making a stand.....those who condemn you should be ashamed of themselves. Is it not obscene that Latvians are allegedly living in reduced rent H&SSD staff accommodation whilst being paid the same wage as their counterparts? Now the following figures are a scenario and not exact. If a Latvians monthly take home at H&SSD is £900 and they pay £150 per month rent it makes your £200 pw over minimal……..When some in government turns on its local community for the interests of their own wealth & interests and that of none locals then this could be deemed under the heading ethnic cleansing………..

Last edited by Pete Burtenshaw on Fri 05 Sep 2008, 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing not right)

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy-Girl Fri 05 Sep 2008, 11:35 am

Omg yes it really is getting worse over here. I would take your story to National Newspapers etc etc, let the whole world know what little old Guernsey is all about now.

It is depressing over here, absolutely nothing to do for children/teens. Everywhere costs a bomb and the Housing situation gets worse by the day.

If I didn't have my children settled nicely into their schools and have my animals, I would be gone because I am not happy here anymore. Guernsey is sooo depressing.

My husband works really hard and because we failed to tell the Housing that he had worked overtime (to better us), we nearly got done for fraud and we are now £5,000 in rent arrears because he earnt over. His job needs him to work overtime and because it is just him working, we need the money but the States are trying to keep the good, hard workers down - simple as.

I would love to go out and work in a bank or office like I used to but I daren't for fear of losing my home. I am only 34 I know but I have had bad debt and am still paying it off and my husband is 50 so I doubt he could get a mortgage. As for the private sector, we are both smokers, have 2 children and animals so that's a no no too.

So I just potter around home doing the house wifey thing and I wont go to work till my children have left school and then we will probably get kicked out but we will cross that bridge nearer the time.

Mr & Mrs Wallace, stand ur ground and be strong. Take care.
Staffy-Girl
Staffy-Girl

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-13

http://www.CandyzDogz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 05 Sep 2008, 5:27 pm

My heart goes out to you and your hubby. Guernsey is no longer the Guernsey we all grew up in, the english own us now and the more money you have and the more people you can bribe the better your life is. How many states members go into gov with nothing and all of a sudden they are 10 times wealthier then when they went in.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

'Wealthy' States tenants fight eviction order - Page 2 Empty Oh come on!! Puhlease!

Post by Workaholic Fri 24 Oct 2008, 1:18 pm

What!

Why is it that so many people think that the States 'owe' them.

How about getting off your backsides, get a job / jobs and earn a bit of self respect!

I stupidly got pregnant at the age of 20, I never thought it was for the states to house me. I got off my 'bum' and worked a full time job & 2 part time jobs. I rented a 1 bed flat, studied in the evenings, put my Son in childcare whilst at my full time job, paid babysitters when I worked part-time (mostly 7pm - 10pm) after he had gone to bed and worked bloody hard to get where I am today.

I was a single Mum then and I did it, I am now married with 2 children. I have also had an abortion since as we cannot afford to have more children, if I had the money we would have kept the 3rd but we didn't / don't.

We have a mortgage now, yes damn right it was hard to get. We both worked numerous jobs, we don't have on tap relatives / friends to babysit for free either! My Husband & I both share a bedroom with our children as our house has had to be renovated extensively due to it's previous condition. We do not have a tiled bathroom yet, hopefully one day. We do not go on holidays as we cannot afford them due to any excess money going into the renovation at the moment, so far the renovation has taken 6 years.

Yes it takes time, yes it take money but it is not for the states (the rest of us hard working society) to keep the rest of you to the lifestyles you have become accustomed to!

So you have pets / smoke! Christ alive......Well, lucky you can afford to! My children would love a pet. Seriously though, get rid of the pets, give up smoking and rent a flat. Get a job / jobs and do something with your life! Be proud of yourself, stop pushing for hand outs all the time.

We don't go out, we don't often buy clothes and certainly not labelled one's when we do. We juggle 1 vehicle & 1 mobile phone between us, we're on economy for electric and our children are happy children. They have parents who they can be proud of, parents who they can look up to and I would never, ever let them apply for states housing!! Not in a million years.

Reading issues like this just gets my blood boiling!! Do you think we're all silver spoon fed or something? Well we're not, we work for what we have. Do the same!

Workaholic

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Fri 24 Oct 2008, 1:51 pm

Pete Burtenshaw wrote:My heart goes out to you and your hubby. Guernsey is no longer the Guernsey we all grew up in, the english own us now and the more money you have and the more people you can bribe the better your life is. How many states members go into gov with nothing and all of a sudden they are 10 times wealthier then when they went in.

I dont know of any, can you give some examples ?

I think your paranoid about the english :roll:

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Fri 24 Oct 2008, 1:55 pm

Workaholic wrote:What!

Why is it that so many people think that the States 'owe' them.

How about getting off your backsides, get a job / jobs and earn a bit of self respect!

I stupidly got pregnant at the age of 20, I never thought it was for the states to house me. I got off my 'bum' and worked a full time job & 2 part time jobs. I rented a 1 bed flat, studied in the evenings, put my Son in childcare whilst at my full time job, paid babysitters when I worked part-time (mostly 7pm - 10pm) after he had gone to bed and worked bloody hard to get where I am today.

I was a single Mum then and I did it, I am now married with 2 children. I have also had an abortion since as we cannot afford to have more children, if I had the money we would have kept the 3rd but we didn't / don't.

We have a mortgage now, yes damn right it was hard to get. We both worked numerous jobs, we don't have on tap relatives / friends to babysit for free either! My Husband & I both share a bedroom with our children as our house has had to be renovated extensively due to it's previous condition. We do not have a tiled bathroom yet, hopefully one day. We do not go on holidays as we cannot afford them due to any excess money going into the renovation at the moment, so far the renovation has taken 6 years.

Yes it takes time, yes it take money but it is not for the states (the rest of us hard working society) to keep the rest of you to the lifestyles you have become accustomed to!

So you have pets / smoke! Christ alive......Well, lucky you can afford to! My children would love a pet. Seriously though, get rid of the pets, give up smoking and rent a flat. Get a job / jobs and do something with your life! Be proud of yourself, stop pushing for hand outs all the time.

We don't go out, we don't often buy clothes and certainly not labelled one's when we do. We juggle 1 vehicle & 1 mobile phone between us, we're on economy for electric and our children are happy children. They have parents who they can be proud of, parents who they can look up to and I would never, ever let them apply for states housing!! Not in a million years.

Reading issues like this just gets my blood boiling!! Do you think we're all silver spoon fed or something? Well we're not, we work for what we have. Do the same!

Whilst i admire your efforts,i do not see a problem with States Housing can you explain why you are so against it.

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Workaholic Fri 24 Oct 2008, 3:29 pm

Chok Dee Ja wrote:Whilst i admire your efforts,i do not see a problem with States Housing can you explain why you are so against it.

I am against it because it's a way out for the down right lazy people. Those who get pregnant and expect the states (us) to help them, those who can't be bothered to work, those who get low paid jobs on purpose so that they're within the bracket for housing etc. There's numerous examples!

Like in any job, you have to start at the bottom. Make the tea, hard graft, clean the toilets, pick up the rubbish, get told what to do all the time etc, but you put up with it, work at it and get promoted or better yourself eductationly with courses that can be done in the evenings or at home.

It's the same with housing, you start in a 1 bed bedsit and move up. You work damn hard to get the deposit required etc.

None of my friends or family have states housing, I mean what an embarassment that would be!

I think the states would be better off making childcare / pre-school / playschool free like the states schooling is. That way, no one has the excuse that they can't afford the childcare, can't get a job because of children etc. Everyone then has to work!

It's far too easy to get a states house, it should only be there (if it has to be) for extreme circumstances and for a temporary time. Not 20 years!!!

So many (not all!) states house tenants have nice cars, holidays, they smoke, they drink, they let their children run riot etc yet those of us who work long hours don't even get a day off every week let alone a holiday!

Workaholic

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sun 26 Oct 2008, 8:17 am

Chok Dee Ja wrote:
Pete Burtenshaw wrote:My heart goes out to you and your hubby. Guernsey is no longer the Guernsey we all grew up in, the english own us now and the more money you have and the more people you can bribe the better your life is. How many states members go into gov with nothing and all of a sudden they are 10 times wealthier then when they went in.

look around you chok dee look around you.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sun 26 Oct 2008, 8:27 am

Workaholic wrote:
Chok Dee Ja wrote:Whilst i admire your efforts,i do not see a problem with States Housing can you explain why you are so against it.

I am against it because it's a way out for the down right lazy people. Those who get pregnant and expect the states (us) to help them, those who can't be bothered to work, those who get low paid jobs on purpose so that they're within the bracket for housing etc. There's numerous examples!

Like in any job, you have to start at the bottom. Make the tea, hard graft, clean the toilets, pick up the rubbish, get told what to do all the time etc, but you put up with it, work at it and get promoted or better yourself eductationly with courses that can be done in the evenings or at home.

It's the same with housing, you start in a 1 bed bedsit and move up. You work damn hard to get the deposit required etc.

None of my friends or family have states housing, I mean what an embarassment that would be!

I think the states would be better off making childcare / pre-school / playschool free like the states schooling is. That way, no one has the excuse that they can't afford the childcare, can't get a job because of children etc. Everyone then has to work!

It's far too easy to get a states house, it should only be there (if it has to be) for extreme circumstances and for a temporary time. Not 20 years!!!

So many (not all!) states house tenants have nice cars, holidays, they smoke, they drink, they let their children run riot etc yet those of us who work long hours don't even get a day off every week let alone a holiday!
If only life were that simple. your ethics may be right in some ways. Life is not” black or white" What you and you hubby do your next door neighbour may not. There will always be a need for social housing because society and the system create social class and social class is in every aspect of life world wide. In Gsy there are those who judge others because they feel more superior by their own actions and standards of life. This is how fascism started and this never works its been proven.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Mon 27 Oct 2008, 12:37 pm

Pete Burtenshaw wrote:
Chok Dee Ja wrote:

Im looking all i see are thais

Thats why im asking you for examples ? I assume you can provide them ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Mon 27 Oct 2008, 12:41 pm

Workaholic wrote:

I dont think you can categorise all states housing tenants under your initial theory,i know people who have worked all their lives and paid their rent and kept their houses nice and now they are older have moved into smaller units,isnt this the idea of states housing ?

You seem to think its a stain on a persons character to live in a states house i find that a rather obnoxious view

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Mon 27 Oct 2008, 5:35 pm

Chok Dee Ja wrote:
Pete Burtenshaw wrote:
Chok Dee Ja wrote:

Im looking all i see are thais

You only see what you want. Until you open your rather blinkered eyes then you will not see.

Thats why im asking you for examples ? I assume you can provide them ?

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 30 Oct 2008, 12:18 am

So you cant name one person who falls under your previous accusations ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Mon 03 Nov 2008, 7:37 pm

"look around you chok dee look around you."

Pete that reply is really poor, you have made an allegation now it is up to you to substantiate it, you have previously posted that the public are scared to talk out so now it is your turn to talk.
You stand the possibility of losing any credibility as a reliable poster with replies such as above.
So money where your mouth is and answer Chok Dee Ja and give some examples.

Workaholic, I admire your stance, life isn't black and white and what suits one may not suit another, it takes guts to do what you have done and I think you are not alone but are certainly the one of the forgotten ones in the States Houses arguements but at least you will always hold your head up high.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sat 08 Nov 2008, 1:09 pm

plimmerton811
I feel my response was correct and will not be drawn into giving any names or be intimidated or be bullied by posters such as you or choc dee. Insult all you like ladies I stand by my original posts. If you both do not have the intelligence or knowledge of the way the game is played over here then I suggest you don’t comment on posts when you are clearly out of your depth.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sat 08 Nov 2008, 10:23 pm

Re read my previous post and I think you will see that it is not insulting you it is clearly asking you to be specific. You are not being bullied or intimidated you are being asked right out to substantiate your claims to maintain your credibility. How in the future can I or anyone else believe what you say in your posts which I note are numerous on loads of subjects.

You can not make allegations and then stand by a flippant answer and then go on the defensive. I probably have more idea how the "game" is played in Gsy (having lived there for 50 odd years) then you do hence I do not make random allegations on a forum, certainly not allegations that I can not back up.

I take it that you will not be backing up your allegations, so therefore I must disregard them as at the best heresay..

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Sun 09 Nov 2008, 4:31 pm

He said they go in with nothing and than come uut 10 times richer, when I was at school 10 x nothing was still nothing.

I am sure many deputies come out better off than they were when they went in but I think it rare that its through dodgy deeds, I also suspect there are some that ignore there own businesses a bit while in the government and end up worse off.

There will always be the odd rumour usually out of Jealousy kicking about.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sun 09 Nov 2008, 7:11 pm

plimmerton811 wrote:Re read my previous post and I think you will see that it is not insulting you it is clearly asking you to be specific. You are not being bullied or intimidated you are being asked right out to substantiate your claims to maintain your credibility. How in the future can I or anyone else believe what you say in your posts which I note are numerous on loads of subjects.

You can not make allegations and then stand by a flippant answer and then go on the defensive. I probably have more idea how the "game" is played in Gsy (having lived there for 50 odd years) then you do hence I do not make random allegations on a forum, certainly not allegations that I can not back up.

I take it that you will not be backing up your allegations, so therefore I must disregard them as at the best heresay..

I will not be drawn into naming names. Has for my credibility I am happy with the posts I have posted and stand by them. It is your right to disagree with any posts any fellow forum user submits. Equally, other forum users have the right to refrain from elongated replies and other replies for obvious reasons. I will not be making any further comments on this matter, if you wish to continue then so be it.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sun 09 Nov 2008, 7:15 pm

wayside wrote:He said they go in with nothing and than come uut 10 times richer, when I was at school 10 x nothing was still nothing.

I am sure many deputies come out better off than they were when they went in but I think it rare that its through dodgy deeds, I also suspect there are some that ignore there own businesses a bit while in the government and end up worse off.

Wayside, I must treat your post with the contempt it most certainly derserves.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sun 09 Nov 2008, 7:21 pm

Pete Burtenshaw wrote:
wayside wrote:He said they go in with nothing and than come uut 10 times richer, when I was at school 10 x nothing was still nothing.

Wayside, I must treat your post with the contempt it most certainly derserves.

Pete, I thought you weren't going to make any more comments on this matter!!!

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Sun 09 Nov 2008, 10:36 pm

Sometimes I wonder if hes drunk :roll:
wayside
wayside

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sun 09 Nov 2008, 11:27 pm

that would explain quite a bit.

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Thu 13 Nov 2008, 9:08 pm

It is so sad when playground mentality and childish behavior seeps into a forum. plimmerton811 and wayside, I don’t mind criticism but please abuse is not required so grow up. Wayside, you obviously have a short memory we had a very nice conversation at your bridge shop a few months back.......plimmerton811, any time you want to discuss any of my posts my number is in the book. Please less of the abuse it’s not nice and it’s on called for.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Fri 14 Nov 2008, 11:07 am

Pete

Every now and then one of your posts either does not make any sense to me or seems to misinterpret one of my post, why the post above should be treated with contempt I don’t know so assumed you had had a sherbet or two.

80% of the time I tend to agree with you so its not all bad.
wayside
wayside

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next