www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BMI to axe Heathrow Jersey route at end of March

3 posters

Go down

BMI to axe Heathrow Jersey route at end of March Empty BMI to axe Heathrow Jersey route at end of March

Post by Porquoi Wed 14 Jan 2009, 10:47 pm

It is reported that BMI are pulling out of the Jersey Heathrow route at the end of March, Just how much has this cost the island in subsidies and wasn't it a five year deal?

Porquoi

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

BMI to axe Heathrow Jersey route at end of March Empty Re: BMI to axe Heathrow Jersey route at end of March

Post by GD Thu 15 Jan 2009, 2:00 pm

BMI confirmed it was terminating the service from 28 March.

The airline's contract with the States to provide the service had over a year left to run.

But BMI said the economic downturn and cost increases had prevented the route achieving an "acceptable level of financial performance."

I bet that the States won't get a penny back...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

BMI to axe Heathrow Jersey route at end of March Empty Re: BMI to axe Heathrow Jersey route at end of March

Post by Troy McClure Thu 15 Jan 2009, 2:10 pm

Whether the States are compensated for the broken contract will be an indication of how good a deal maker Sen. Maclean is... I fear there will be no compensation.

I'd like for the details of the subsidy to be made public, having travelled recently on a BMI flight on a A320 seating approx. 235 with only 29 passengers I'd hate to think they were getting £x per seat they flew regardless, and were flying the larger aircraft to take advantage.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Porquoi Thu 15 Jan 2009, 5:37 pm

Quite right Troy, I was at the launch at which much ceremony was placed on the signing of the contract, which I rate as valuable as Neville Chamberlains "Peace in our time" Agreement.

Porquoi

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down