www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Industrial site worries residents

Go down

Industrial site worries residents Empty Industrial site worries residents

Post by GD Mon 21 Sep 2009, 1:23 pm

Industrial site worries residents _46401302_dsc_0085 Mr Rickard said the change would have a detrimental affect on their lives

Guernsey householders affected by the States' proposed changes to the rural area plan have vowed to campaign against them.
An area at Portinfer is one of five horticultural sites that could become industrial under the proposals.
Brian Rickard, who represents the residents, said: "It really will cause a great deal of pain to us all."
He said he would carry on the fight at the public inquiry, which is due to start on 4 November.
Mr Rickard said they are continuing an 18-year campaign to protect their homes from nearby industrial development.
He added: "I hope that other people living by other sites throughout this plan realise that they are in danger of real detriment to their lives."
Residents have until 22 September to make their views on the proposed alterations known to the Environment Department, at Frossard House.
Five sites around the island have been identified for light industrial use. (from BBC)

Well I bet that it will all end up down in the St Sampsons/Bridge aera, nobody wants these sites on thier back door....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down