www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Single parent?

+9
plimmerton811
freed.y
Chok Dee Ja
bug1
kat
Bek
NewinGSY
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Single parent? Empty Single parent?

Post by NewinGSY Wed 28 Oct 2009, 2:11 pm

How would you class someone as single parent? How can a single parent be pregnant again if they're single?
NewinGSY
NewinGSY

Female
Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : music,online,reading
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Single parent? Empty Re: Single parent?

Post by Bek Wed 28 Oct 2009, 2:18 pm

must be a virgin Birth;

Bek

Female
Number of posts : 832
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by NewinGSY Wed 28 Oct 2009, 2:20 pm

How much do the State pay to a single parent and their housing?
NewinGSY
NewinGSY

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Wed 28 Oct 2009, 3:21 pm

please do not put all single parents in the same case .
there are some who work hard and do not claim anything from the states .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by NewinGSY Wed 28 Oct 2009, 3:46 pm

Not trying to pull them together, just trying to get a rough idea. My manager is a single parent and she work full time. I understand all that but is it a good idea to support single parent that never work before and get pregnant at a very young age. To get money from the State by using their child? Housing in GSY is very high. Young single parent that don't work get the easy way out by using their child.
NewinGSY
NewinGSY

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Wed 28 Oct 2009, 4:53 pm

You are quite correct NewinGSY.IMO far too much help is available to a wide range of claiments not just "single mums".However you would have to have the wisdom of Soloman to decide who is genuinely deserving.Perhaps the old Parish system with their "Procuror's of the Poor" wasn't so bad after all!
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 28 Oct 2009, 10:31 pm

what about parents who are left alone through no fault of their own .not all single people get help from the state.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Thu 29 Oct 2009, 11:32 am

my dear dad was a single parent ,my mother died when we were all young ,the youngest was just 2..he had to work ,we had no extra benifits and he was tax as a single man.
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by NewinGSY Thu 29 Oct 2009, 4:08 pm

I fully understand that situation. It's the single parent that are young, teenagers and those who just take money from the state like the state owe them. I know a few single parent that actually worksd part time. It's not a good sight to see teenagers with 1 or 2 chiildren or older single parent that just take benefit and not work so they can have an easy life using their children. Guernsey is a small island and in some way the state should control the population. Many young married couple find it hard to settle down when they work hard, full-time and too see their tax money going towards single parent that chose not to work. One time mistake for the 1st child is enough. I don't see why tax payers money should go to them when other that are more deserving is not getting any. What about that lady that have 13 children and just wait for the state to support? Why should tax payers pay for some one elses stupidity when the tax payers are probably new couple that want to start their own family.
NewinGSY
NewinGSY

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 29 Oct 2009, 7:39 pm

how can you decry a single parent working part time when you have stated in a nother thread that you have no children and that byou and your partner both work part time.go get a full time job you have no reason not to .
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by NewinGSY Thu 29 Oct 2009, 7:47 pm

I am looking for a full time job, but now you're lucky to even have a part time. I don't decry them, I respect them that work even though they're single parent. It's the kind that don't even want to try to look for job and just hang out in bars.
NewinGSY
NewinGSY

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 29 Oct 2009, 7:48 pm

IMO however the children are conceived - they are still our future i.e. Nurses, Doctors, Police, Nursing Home Carers etc etc etc :-((( ..... it is not their fault that their parent/s are milking the system.....so a modicum of compassion would not go amiss.....I personally feel very sorry for them with such a start in life!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by NewinGSY Thu 29 Oct 2009, 7:56 pm

I feel sorry for the kids as well, it's just not right when their mother are most probably a kid.
NewinGSY
NewinGSY

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 29 Oct 2009, 8:02 pm

NewinGSY wrote:I fully understand that situation. It's the single parent that are young, teenagers and those who just take money from the state like the state owe them. I know a few single parent that actually worksd part time. It's not a good sight to see teenagers with 1 or 2 chiildren or older single parent that just take benefit and not work so they can have an easy life using their children. Guernsey is a small island and in some way the state should control the population. Many young married couple find it hard to settle down when they work hard, full-time and too see their tax money going towards single parent that chose not to work. One time mistake for the 1st child is enough. I don't see why tax payers money should go to them when other that are more deserving is not getting any. What about that lady that have 13 children and just wait for the state to support? Why should tax payers pay for some one elses stupidity when the tax payers are probably new couple that want to start their own family.

Whats your issue with single parents ? Why dont you just get on with your own life,who really cares what other people are doing.

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 29 Oct 2009, 8:05 pm

NewinGSY wrote:I feel sorry for the kids as well, it's just not right when their mother are most probably a kid.

Why do you feel sorry for their kids ? Are you some kind of modern day Florence Nightingale ? Or just another nosey Fu****

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by NewinGSY Thu 29 Oct 2009, 8:15 pm

I didn't say that i want to be FN. You just quick read it without even trying to understand what I'm trying to say. And using the F word is very rude. If you read it correctly I just respond to the previous post by karma. If this forum is not helpful then I don't see the point of it.
NewinGSY
NewinGSY

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 29 Oct 2009, 8:15 pm

NewinGSY wrote:even though they're single parent.

What The F*** does that mean ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 29 Oct 2009, 8:17 pm

NewinGSY wrote:I didn't say that i want to be FN. You just quick read it without even trying to understand what I'm trying to say. And using the F word is very rude. If you read it correctly I just respond to the previous post by karma. If this forum is not helpful then I don't see the point of it.

Are you for real ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 29 Oct 2009, 8:33 pm

wondering the same thing cdj.THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WOULD GIVE YOU THE ADVICE YOU NEED IF THEY knew your residential needs and qualifications.this is not the uk where anybody can be housed in local housing
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 29 Oct 2009, 8:48 pm

NewinGSY wrote:. You just quick read it without even trying to understand what I'm trying to say.

I can only read very slowly,im aged,in a candlelit room and have broken my monocle.

Single parent? Icon_cyclops

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by freed.y Thu 26 Nov 2009, 7:07 am

I personally classify a single parent when one had already married, but due to circumstances now live alone.
Single parent? Labels=1

freed.y

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Thu 26 Nov 2009, 9:12 am

freed.y wrote:I personally classify a single parent when one had already married, but due to circumstances now live alone.
Single parent? Labels=1

Now freed.y what the hell has marriage got to do with it. You do not have to be or have been, marrried to qualify as a single parent family.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rolandkirk Thu 26 Nov 2009, 4:40 pm

For sure !!Single parent? Labels=0

rolandkirk

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassandra Sun 06 Dec 2009, 3:43 pm

Single parent? Suspect Not sure what NewinGSY wanted to say but it's not easy to be a single parent & hats off to those who manage to build careers & raise children.
Cassandra
Cassandra

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NewinGSY Sun 10 Jan 2010, 11:13 am

freed.y wrote:I personally classify a single parent when one had already married, but due to circumstances now live alone.
Single parent? Labels=1
Just don't think that it's a right thing to use a baby to get money from the states. Be responsible to raise the baby on their own if they decided to have a baby. Single parent is not someone that just decide to get pregnant and never work in their life to get an easy way out in life when everyone have to work to support them. A person from my in-law just had a baby (her second)and she's a single parent that never work and they decide to have a baby cause the father feel that the state "owe" him. All people take from the states with that kind of thinking is wrong. States should tighten the rules. I don't understand why they even let children that aren't even adult to be a parent. All those so called tween. Single parent are not suppose to be proud or think that the state owe them, they should be ashamed. I still believe in abortion, give people the choice to be a parent when they are ready and not use it just to get money and get the easy way of out life. I think not all tween want to get pregnant at a very young age when they have a future to think of, if being pregnant is a mistake, they should have a right to correct the mistake at an early stage. Being able to persue the future or career path that they want.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/abortion/child/alive_1.shtml

Cassandra wrote:Single parent? Suspect
Not sure what NewinGSY wanted to say but it's not easy to be a single
parent & hats off to those who manage to build careers & raise
children.
I agree with single parent that work to support but not single parent that don't work.

Whoever that can't see that single parent or single tween parent (that
never work in their life)decide to have a baby to get the easy way out
are either a single parent or their daughter are one or all are on
state support.
NewinGSY
NewinGSY

Female

Back to top Go down