www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A&E may charge for non-emergency cases

3 posters

Go down

A&E may charge for non-emergency cases Empty A&E may charge for non-emergency cases

Post by GD Tue 09 Nov 2010, 3:45 pm

A&E may charge for non-emergency cases 00692525_Cropped2

ISLANDERS could be charged for treatment at the Accident and Emergency department if they are ruled not to be seriously ill.
The Hospital is considering an overhaul of the admission policy in an effort to crack down on the thousands of people who seek free treatment at the department instead of paying to see their GP.
As part of the possible policy change, patients would be assessed and those who
are deemed not to be seriously ill would be denied free treatment and instead offered the opportunity to pay to see a GP on site. However, Andrew McLaughlin, the Hospital’s interim director, stressed that the move was only a possiblity and no formal plans had yet been drawn up. (from JEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

A&E may charge for non-emergency cases Empty Re: A&E may charge for non-emergency cases

Post by Thistle Tue 09 Nov 2010, 3:50 pm

we have to pay for a&e treatment in guernsey ...it is a tiered system of charges the later in the day you are treated the more expensive it is...
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

A&E may charge for non-emergency cases Empty Re: A&E may charge for non-emergency cases

Post by kat Tue 09 Nov 2010, 4:49 pm

thank fully i have insurance .but we dont pay for an emergency .as i have not so far .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue 09 Nov 2010, 6:58 pm

youmust be covered by your insurance kat as a&e is def chargeable
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Tue 09 Nov 2010, 8:05 pm

Ah it was cos it was an emergency ..read the thread wrong opssss
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 10 Nov 2010, 7:33 am

you are charged for all visits to a&e in guernsey .....even an emergency as your treatment at a&e is chargeable by the practice that the doctor who treats you is working at...a&e is run by the medical practices and not hssd....the only time treatment bcomes free is when you are actually admitted to the ward for whatever your treatment is .
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Wed 10 Nov 2010, 9:34 am

Then my medical insurance must have covered it as i have been twice after a fall but have never been charged .thankfully i have this ,just hope i will be able to afford it when hubby retires in a few years time.
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down