www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A consumer law at last

2 posters

Go down

A consumer law at last Empty A consumer law at last

Post by GD Mon 26 May 2008, 4:42 pm

ISLANDERS are finally to get legal protection from cowboy tradesmen and rogue retailers.

After years of talking about bringing Jersey into line with the UK and months of consultation, a new consumer law is now ready to be put before the States.

The draft Supply of Goods and Services (Jersey) Law will get rid of the many grey areas which up to now have left Islanders in limbo and unsure of their exact rights when they became embroiled in disputes with builders, shopkeepers and others.

In addition to increased rights for buyers, sellers too will have protection in law from unscrupulous consumers who, for example, try to return goods they have broken.

In many ways the new legislation will bring Jersey into line with the UK by giving consumers statutory rights.(thisisjersey)

Sounds like something that should of been done years ago...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

A consumer law at last Empty Re: A consumer law at last

Post by Troy McClure Mon 26 May 2008, 8:12 pm

GD wrote:...
Sounds like something that should of been done years ago...
Agreed, although I've found most retailers default to falling in line with UK law when I've had a problem, and when they haven't no law would've helped really.

Still nice to know we're edging slowly forward.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down