www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liberation Square eyesore

3 posters

Go down

Liberation Square eyesore Empty Liberation Square eyesore

Post by GD Sun 01 Jun 2008, 9:07 pm

Jersey's Chief Minister is to be quizzed over the run-down state of the island's former tourism office in Liberation Square.

The property is now in the hands of the Waterfront Enterprise Board, but its exterior has not been maintained since the tourism department moved out.

Deputy Sean Power is looking for assurances that the building will be kept in a condition 'appropriate to its significance, status and role in the Island's history' (from CIonline)

The building kept to its status?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Liberation Square eyesore Empty Re: Liberation Square eyesore

Post by Pegasus Mon 02 Jun 2008, 3:18 pm

GD wrote:
Deputy Sean Power is looking for assurances that the building will be kept in a condition 'appropriate to its significance, status and role in the Island's history' (from CIonline)

Yeah right he means like the States Run down, it seems to me that all the owners want to do is run the building down to ruin, then get permission to rebuild
Pegasus
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure Tue 03 Jun 2008, 1:03 am

Very few vacant properties get well maintained unless it is in the owners interest, and this property is being professional managed by Buckley & Co. to this principle. The property is in a time of planned vacancy, notice there aren't 'For Lease' boards all over it. Buckley & Co. I think have found a tenant for this highly desirable location, that tenant just isn't ready to announce publicly who they are, and won't move in until the building work to the new retail area behind it is finished. We know it's going to be an international restaurant brand, that was announced I believe in a statement that simply said it wasn't McDonald's, but didn't say who it was. You heard it here first, I predict Waggamamms will move in, and the building will be fully decorated as part of their fit out. I reckon Dep. Power has heard as much, and is only asking because for some reason he wants the company to be named: my question is why??

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down