www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey hospitals made smoke-free

5 posters

Go down

Guernsey hospitals made smoke-free Empty Guernsey hospitals made smoke-free

Post by GD Wed 02 Nov 2011, 5:59 pm

The grounds of Guernsey's hospitals will be made smoke-free from 2012, the Health and Social Services Department has announced.

Smoking will be allowed in the existing smoking shelters, which will be moved at least 15m from windows and doors.

It will be the first time smoking outside will be banned in the island.

Dr Stephen Bridgman, director of public health, said: "The revised policy provides greater protection for service users, visitors and our staff."

He said: "Smoking remains a major cause of preventable premature death and ill health."

The changes at Princess Elizabeth, King Edward VII and Castel Hospitals follows a two-year consultation on the department's smoking policy.

As part of the change staff will be offered support and three months of free nicotine replacement therapy.

Under the new policy any personal vehicles used for smoking are to be parked at least 15m away from windows and doors and all staff who smoke will be asked to take reasonable steps to protect service users and colleagues from the chemicals and smell of tobacco smoke by covering their working clothes when smoking.

The department said the policy for continuing care homes would be assessed on an individual basis and developed with the help of staff.
(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey hospitals made smoke-free Empty Re: Guernsey hospitals made smoke-free

Post by schoolyjo Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:11 pm

maybe they should make drinking alcohol 15 metres away from town as well cut down on the number of assaults and such like,,,, when will crap like this ever end!

schoolyjo

Female
Number of posts : 177
Humor : exceedlingly wicked
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:15 pm

I thought we were liberated , Is this what my forefathers fought wars for to be dictated by a load of do gooders .

I would suggest that anyone with an illness stay clear of hospitals, we can't be to careful now can we . I wish all these do gooders p*** off somewhere remote the further the better. Guernsey hospitals made smoke-free 237350
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:32 pm

This is a step too far .. how many will be omitted with flu after staning out there ..
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:41 pm

what a stupid idea asking staff to cover up their working clothes when smoking.going outside in a uniform poses a greater risk to vulnerable ,sick patients...what will happen at the castel will patients who smoke have to be accompanied by a member of staff to have a ciggie ...x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down