www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crowcroft fights to ban building on Waterfront

Go down

Crowcroft fights to ban building on Waterfront Empty Crowcroft fights to ban building on Waterfront

Post by GD Wed 08 Feb 2012, 7:23 pm

The carpark on St Helier's waterfront is back in the spotlight again.

Planning permission has largely been granted for developers to build office blocks on the site, part of the Town Master Plan agreed by the States.

But St Helier's Constable is not happy. He's continuing his fight to ban any buildings here.

He said: "I think my determination to pursue the maintenance of the Esplanade Quarter in its current state as a car park has really grown by discussing this matter with traders. I had a meeting with Colomberie traders recently and they were explaining to me how the impact of the Esplanade development is going to be felt right through town, it isn't just a matter of new businesses coming in, it's going to be sucking business out of other parts of town and that really isn't required. It's not good for our town infrastructure."

Back in December, plans for the Esplanade area were scaled down to try and appease States Members' concerns. It was agreed the office development here would be 25% smaller than originally proposed.

Now Constable Crowcroft wants to call a Parish Assembly, he's pushing for a public consultation, in the hope that Islanders will chose parking and green space over any desire for development.
(from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down