www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A call for disability access improvements

Go down

A call for disability access improvements Empty A call for disability access improvements

Post by GD Thu 02 Jan 2014, 9:41 pm

A leading campaigner for disability access is calling for improvements at St Peter Port harbour.

Aindre Reece-Sheerin is highlighting a raft of changes that could be made for wheelchair users, and people with other mobility problems.

He says big humps on the pontoons, steep ramps and steps into harbour buildings all present challenges.

Mr Reece-Sheerin is already working with Isle of Sark Shipping on improvements, but he wants other groups to join them.

Aindre said: "Everybody has what I call a shared ownership of it so everybody can then say we looked at that and we were able to make that bit more accessible, or we did the training part of that and we were able to make that more accessible, we looked at the literature, we've looked at the website and we've made that more accessible, so it has to be that multi-agency approach, but States I do believe because the States owns the harbour, States have to take a big lead in this."
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down