www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Litter at La Vallette pools shocks users

2 posters

Go down

Litter at La Vallette pools shocks users Empty Litter at La Vallette pools shocks users

Post by GD Thu 04 Aug 2011, 6:38 pm

JUST days after an alcohol- free zone was brought in at La Vallette Bathing Pools, beer bottles have been smashed and rubbish left littering the site.

Early morning swimmers were yesterday greeted with broken glass around the pools and clothes strewn around the area. Rubbish included crushed cans, lolly sticks, old chip papers and a paper cup filled with used cigarettes, which were scattered around.

A kiosk assistant, who did not wish to be named, said between 20 and 30 people in their late teens and early 20s had been hanging around the night before.

The swimmers cleared some of the site, but they were concerned about the latest in a long string of serious littering issues over the years. ‘The kids leave the rubbish lying around,’ said Mary Harrison, who has been swimming at the pools for the last four years. ‘As soon as the schools break up it gets worse.’ (from GEP)

GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Litter at La Vallette pools shocks users Empty Re: Litter at La Vallette pools shocks users

Post by kat Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:29 am

Perhaps if the kiosk owner emptied the bin it might help
i was at birdo the other evening the bins was overflowing with the stuff from the kiosk and other stuff .
they closed the place and went home
this should be part of the lease empty the bloney bins.it is full of the stuff they sell.why should the tax /rate payer pay for this
as for the vandals .perhaps we should have someone down there as a special constable .but it would mean a charge to get into thr pools
this is what is was years ago .we all had to pay to get into the ladies pool .
but there will always be yobs ,they just need to learn how to behave
perhaps they would like to help clean the pool out at low tide ?
this would get rid of their energy as well
those pools have not been clean properly for many many years
i am sure there will be plenty of hidden treasure in there .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down